The Harcombe Diet by Zoe Harcombe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: The Harcombe Diet by Zoe Harcombe

jojoamethyst wrote:

thanks sam
      All the best and yes I think we are all waiting for Daisy:)....but I know she is not well with tom atm either so when she's ready she'll be here.

I'm Here Sammy , my post is above yours , we were posting at the same time ....:D

Have a great day 7 Sammy :)
      DAISY

Small steps to a healthy lifestyle....here we go

Hi Daisy

just posted in your dairy fantastic news on your loss. No wonder your jeans were falling off you with a loss like that.
      Gosh I'm getting nervous now for tomorrow..."the pressure"...Lol:D:D.

Ok then i'd better scoot.

Goodluck everyone and hope you are having a nice rest day holiday.

Sam:)

[B][B]2.5 kg WOW[/B][/B]!Well done i think that is a fantastic loss. this really seems to be working well for you. Making me think i may get the book to have a read! sounds very interesting. i definately have food intolerances mine is wheat for sure so maybe this would be good for me. anyway im glad you guys let us know about your wonderful journey!
      The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!

Hi Daisy...
      that is a FABuLOUS loss, you must be so pleased, I will try to think of it each time I have a cup of black tea!
      Couldn't face bacon and eggs for brekky this morning so have had yoghurt and will have b&e for lunch.
      I'm off to reset my out of date ticker and maybe even start a diary.

Good luck for tomorrow Sam with your weigh in, I'm sure we are all sending you 'good vibes'

Hi Jo, are you starting today also? Monday is such a good start day, lets hope we can keep it going!
      Cheers
      J:)

sam68 wrote:

Gosh I'm getting nervous now for tomorrow..."the pressure"...Lol:D:D.

:) No pressure here Sammy , we are not racing , we are supporting each other and numbers don't matter , persistance does ;) Besides you may well and truly go past me , some people in the book lost 4 kilos ....amazing but true . Hope you have had a great day today Sammy , mine was awesome , did an 11 klm bike ride ......ME .......so proud of myself right now :D

Jamacu wrote:

Hi Daisy...
      that is a FABuLOUS loss, you must be so pleased, I will try to think of it each time I have a cup of black tea!
      Couldn't face bacon and eggs for brekky this morning so have had yoghurt and will have b&e for lunch.

Jamacu don't worry the black tea will only last you until phase 2 and that is in 5 days . Funny thing is that I have grown to love the green decaff tea so much I am sticking with it :) . I am so looking forward to the skim milk in decaff coffee though . I think I will only need 1 more day on phase 1 , so I will start phase 2 on wednesday .

Bacon and eggs I do not like at all , so only did that once this week . I don't mind poached eggs on wholegrain toast but can't have that together anymore , oh well better to feel as good as I do .

All the very best with phase 1 for you , I am so glad that you have started and wish you all the very best with it :)

jojoamethyst wrote:

wow daisy
      well done
      so pleased for you

i started today
      just will do the 5 days and move into phase 2

Great Jo , what did you think of the food ? I am going to start phase 2 on Wednesday , need to visit the shops first .

Hope you all have a great evening :)

Sammy all the very best with weigh in tomorrow :)
      DAISY

Hey everyone, wow this diet plan seems to make alot of sense. I have lost nearly all the weight I want too doing Body Trim. This sounds like it would have been a great option too though. I went to a iridoligist/naturopath/homeopath when I was a teenager and found out then that I have candida. Is this diet suppose to eradicate Candida from your body or just eradicate the cravings associated with it?

Hello everyone:).

Day 7 on the Harcombe - Phase 1.

Menu for today:-

B - 2 herbed meatballs and 2 fried eggs and a detox tea.
      L - Herbed meatballs and salad and a green tea.
      S - Yoghurt
      D - when out) 1 prawn, 1 calamari and 1 piece of fish. small amount of chicken curry with salad.
      At home) brown rice allowance with small can of tuna and raw cabbage, snow peas and broccoli, yoghurt and green tea.
      1 litre of water and all my vitamins and mineral. taken twice a day.

JoJo and Jamacu I hope you had a good day of eating.

Will report back tomorrow with hopefully a ticker update.

Sleep well all -Sam:)

[Blocked Image: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f355/angwbc/Good%20Morning/the00c4a5c.gif]

Decided to start phase 2 today , so I will post my menu for a few days . I will be back tonight to post .

Jo , have you tried the natural yoghurt for breakfast , I thought I would hate it being so sour but it turned out to be my favourite snack . However after spending over $15 in one week , I think I should buy a yoghurt maker . Does anyone out there own one , if so what are they like and how do you make the yoghurt ?

Hope everyone has a great day :)
      DAISY

Daisy wrote:

Jo , have you tried the natural yoghurt for breakfast , I thought I would hate it being so sour but it turned out to be my favourite snack . However after spending over $15 in one week , I think I should buy a yoghurt maker . Does anyone out there own one , if so what are they like and how do you make the yoghurt ?

I haven't got one but what a good idea! The easiyo ones are pretty cheap (I just found a website - goldenglow.com.au sells the maker for $19.50). You'll have to let us know if you get one and how it turns out :D

jellz wrote:

I haven't got one but what a good idea! The easiyo ones are pretty cheap (I just found a website - goldenglow.com.au sells the maker for $19.50). You'll have to let us know if you get one and how it turns out :D

Thanks for that Jellz :)

Had a look but at the price of $3.50 per satchet and then $19.50 for the machine it would probably work out about the same . There stachets make 1 litre of yoghurt . I have been buying the 1.5 L Vaalia natural yoghurt for $5.59. I will have a look at kmart though and see how much they sell the satchets for . It was lovely of you to look though and pass on the info .
      DAISY

Congratulations on your loss, Daisy! Feeling great plus a 2.5kg loss is fantastic! :D

I had a yoghurt maker a few years ago and it was really easy to make, but now I can't get the sachets any more. The yoghurt was yummy, but I'm not sure what the fat / calorie / carb values would be.

Good luck Sam! :D

Hello everyone:)

I've already posted my losses and measurements in my diary with further information.

But I am just posting my losses etc....here.

Ok so I've lost 1.7kg for my first week and 8cm from around my waist:).
      So I'm happy with that:)

I am going to stick with phase 1 until I am back into the 70's which hopefully won't be too much longer. If I hadn't gained I would have been there already....oh well i've kicked myself up enough about all this.
      But at least I've found a diet I know I can stick to now and enjoy so that should help me with my yoyo dieting. That's part of the battle gone now;).
      I must also start incorporating some excerise into my day as well.
      That 1.7kg loss was with diet only.

Ok that is me for today.

Will be back tonight to post menu.

Goodluck in phase 2 Daisy:)....I would appreciate you posting your menu for us here for a little bit.

Bradders my shopping bill was the same today...the only different food I am buying is the yoghurt and brown rice...but I may stop buying the kids the sugar variety of yoghurt and start the kids on brown rice as well.
      If anything you end up buying healthier foods the unprocessed kind and reduce the purchasing the of processed (white, wheat filled products) foods.
      Infact my grocery bill reduced;)....

Sam:)

I buy the Sun brand....haven't seen any others. Tried also looking for the rice pasta..but there was nothing in the health section at woolworths today.

Thanks Bradders...
      Japan!...Hubby travels for work there quiet abit but I've never been.
      Are you planning to lose before you leave?