Protein shake for BT??

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Protein shake for BT??

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find a nice tasting protein shake that is BT compliant. I'm starting the gym and want to have a shake before heading off of a morning as I don't really feel like cooking that early. I bought the BT protein shake, received it today and it is foul to say the least!

Any suggestions? Something like TF or optifast??

Cheers :)
    • Re: Protein shake for BT??

I would go for a bodybuilding one that is low carb. They typically have ones for losing weight and ones for gaining muscle. The weight loss ones are usually very low carb, look for whey protein isolate or whey protein concentrate. Some will sell samples or sell plain powder that you can flavour yourself, plus if you buy a plain powder then you could also use it in recipes. I believe the TF ones etc are full of lactose.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

MadHatter wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find a nice tasting protein shake that is BT compliant. I'm starting the gym and want to have a shake before heading off of a morning as I don't really feel like cooking that early. I bought the BT protein shake, received it today and it is foul to say the least!

Any suggestions? Something like TF or optifast??

Cheers :)

I've found I had my best gains at the gym when I've trained in a fasted state, i.e. 12-14 hours after eating. I also seem to train better, it goes against everything we've been taught about needing to load up on energy though.

You'll probably get all the protein you need from good quality meats :)
      February 2009: 87.5kgs (< 20% body fat)
      June 2009 - October 2009: 67kgs
      Currently - 63.5 kgs ~10% bf

My Husband likes Australia's Natures Way from the Supermarket, he add it to his cereal that he has every morning. Just a 1/2 scoop. Following BT he has lost 7.8kgs (17 pounds) in 5 weeks. I am losing much slower but at least I am going down.
      Shirley:)

Hi, I followed Bt and used to have the Atkins Vanilla shake in the morning. I still now use the Atkins choc shake as a snack in the afternoons. I think you will find that none of the protein shakes are super great tasting, you just need to find a way to make it nicer for you. I always blend mine up in the blender with a cup of ice to make it like a frappe. Then I add a tbs of cream if i have it to make it creamier, if not I use a dash of milk. With the vanilla shake I blended in a few berries (frozen raspberries & blueberries) in the morning for brekky - YUM! I also add a shot of espresso or tsp of instant coffee to the choc shake to make it mocha flavour. BT taught me so much about eating right and I managed to go from nearly 88kg to 68kg. Feels great:)