Research study finds that exercise improves insulin & leptin sensitivity and satiety

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Research study finds that exercise improves insulin & leptin sensitivity and satiety

plosbiology.org/article/info%3…71%2Fjournal.pbio.1000465

I haven't slogged my way through all of this yet to see what I could decipher.

Thought I'd post it in case someone here is good at decoding these things.
      WOE: Dr. Richard Bernstein's VLC and no sweet fruits, and the 12 Steps of Archevore, per Dr. Kurt Harris' site.

Keep A Clean Food Plan through June 30th Challenge

Over 55.
      Eleven years of maintenance.
    • Re: Research study finds that exercise improves insulin & leptin sensitivity and sati

some of it is saying that exercise helps stop you overeating - more likely to eat at the levels than non-overweight people do
      not so sure about that
      i am starving the evening and next day after i exercise heavily

it also says....
      The long-term reversal effects on body composition, mediated by exercise alone, are controversial. It should be acknowledged that it is often difficult to find long-term reversal effects on body fat in both experimental animals and humans by exercise alone without restrained diet .

so exercise alone aint going to do it - but i think we know this
    • Re: Research study finds that exercise improves insulin & leptin sensitivity and sati

Jojo, thanks for your post. I got the general gist of the report in skimming it. It's the methodology I didn't read through.

This report, as well as others I've read, have found that exercise increases insulin and leptin sensitivity, which has been a strong impetus for me to keep taking my walks, do my gardening, jump on my little rebounder, do my Callanetics and yoga....

The kind of research report decoding I am fascinated by is the kind that Peter Dobromylsky does. Here is his latest:

high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com/2010/09/axen-and-axen-2.html

Analyzing the control groups, the criteria, the methods, the conclusions, considering who funded it, the agenda of those funding the study, etc.

I can attest to Callanetics decreasing appetite. That is one of the claims made its advertising, and I have found it to be true.

I have read quite a few places that strenuous exercise actually increases appetite.
      WOE: Dr. Richard Bernstein's VLC and no sweet fruits, and the 12 Steps of Archevore, per Dr. Kurt Harris' site.

Keep A Clean Food Plan through June 30th Challenge

Over 55.
      Eleven years of maintenance.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Silver: corrected spacing ().