Cream cheese/butter/cream dip

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Cream cheese/butter/cream dip

I ran across this idea while looking mascarpone recipes. If I haven't just eaten real mascarpone this is just as satisfying, and costs less.

Substitute for mascarpone or just use as a dip:

Needed: 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 -2 ounces butter, 1-2 T. heavy cream

Let soften:

8 ounces cream cheese
      2-4 Tablespoons butter

Mix (can use a wooden spoon, but a mixer makes it fluffier):

Cream cheese, butter, and 1-2 Tablespoons heavy cream

N. B.: Amounts of butter and cream depend on how buttery and how thin or thick you'd like the dip.

When substituting for mascarpone, use 2 T. butter and perhaps only 1 T. cream.

I sometimes put lemon juice in it, because I like the way it tastes.

If you need even more fat in your food plan, this makes a great dip for pork rinds/crackling or nuts.

Ideas for things to "dress it up": chopped olives, pimientos, diced peppers or chilis, ground or chopped nuts, jalapenos or salsa, etc.

I mostly eat this and save my mascarpone for a special treat, as this is a super-quick recipe and the ingredients for this cost less per ounce than heavy cream, where I live.
      WOE: Dr. Richard Bernstein's VLC and no sweet fruits, and the 12 Steps of Archevore, per Dr. Kurt Harris' site.

Keep A Clean Food Plan through June 30th Challenge

Over 55.
      Eleven years of maintenance.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Silver: clarification ().