Christmas Challenge: a present to yourself, 2010:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Christmas Challenge: a present to yourself, 2010:

Totally fallen off the wagon.........went to someone's house for dinner last night and ate everything. Should have had PO day today, but no....had heaps of bread...even had pizza for dinner.............
      I feel so guilty!
      Which is why I'm writing a confession!
      I have to remind myself that I still have this challenge on!
      So, PO tomorrow...and maybe Monday too...
      :mad:

same.. been SO busy (walked a bajillion kms) but had quite a few carbs :eek:

Will weigh tomor. Going to PO until we leave.. :) (which is in 5 days WOOHOO!) so in effect doing a mini-dukan. Going to up the fat though as otherwise its not too good for my innards ;)

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wiLVEx9/weight.png]

Mini Goals
      16 June (4.5 weeks) Ian McKellen on stage: Goal weight: 69kg (5.8kg in 4.5 weeks)
      21 July (+ 5 weeks) Friends baby shower: 64kg (5kg in 5 weeks)
      11 Aug (+3 weeks) Dads 60th: 61kg (3kg in 3 weeks)
      26 Sept (6.5 weeks) Brothers birthday: 56kg GOAL (5kg in 6.5 weeks)

Fiasco wrote:

Totally fallen off the wagon.........went to someone's house for dinner last night and ate everything. Should have had PO day today, but no....had heaps of bread...even had pizza for dinner.............
      I feel so guilty!
      Which is why I'm writing a confession!
      I have to remind myself that I still have this challenge on!
      So, PO tomorrow...and maybe Monday too...
      :mad:

Don't worry about it and definitely do PO tomorrow and Monday.
      There are diet plans that do exactly what you did at dinner. Have a carb-fest one day and then low carb afterwards. Its thought that this will encourage fat loss.
      Weight Loss Goal - to reach 55kg
      Currently doing 12 week body transformation - at 64kg (9kg to goal)
      (Started 27/8/12 at 77.8kg)

Chelles wrote:

same.. been SO busy (walked a bajillion kms) but had quite a few carbs :eek:

Will weigh tomor. Going to PO until we leave.. :) (which is in 5 days WOOHOO!) so in effect doing a mini-dukan. Going to up the fat though as otherwise its not too good for my innards ;)

The walking is good that you did. Maybe do some weights to empty the glycogen stores in your muscles which were probably filled up by eating quite a few carbs. Doing a mini-dukan sounds like a good idea.

I had an urge to eat some crusty bread last night. Bought it at lunchtime which the kids ate and hubby and I avoided. I thought I did so well avoiding it all day would be a shame to cave at about 10pm in the evening. So I didn't eat it!

Nice work Snez!
      After having my carb fest Friday and yesterday, I don't feel good. It was good at the time but now I feel stodgy.
      PO today. Haven't been properly following BT for a couple of weeks now (been counting calories but keeping protein intake high). So hopefully it will start working again :)
      Good luck getting back on the wagon Chelles. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

oh i came close to eating hot chips last night...the dorta wanted food after we saw Spamalot and yeah midnight in Perth not much opened...so we went to Cosmos Kebabs...they do great burger...I had one sans bun....she wanted a kebab and chips...why bdo they smell sooooooooo good...it took all my resolve to resist...and again is sure wasnt hunger that was fuelling that....Im happy I didnt give in but damn it was hard!
      You don't need eyes to see you need vision... Maxy Jazz....Faithless

[Blocked Image: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/kg/130.3/75/107/.png] 155kilos 7/2009...I started this time 19/9/2010

I haven't been back on the forum for long, but I'd like to join the challenge if I may.

It was the approach of Christmas and the threat of looking heavier than I want to in the inevitable photos that finally got my oversized bum into gear and back onto LC. So, I want to lose 5kg by Christmas. Apart from the Indian lunch on Friday that I talked about in my diary, I've been pretty good. The first couple of days I was so peckish I ate far too many nuts but this weekend I've been okay.

So, I make a pledge to stick rigidly to the induction plan and try to move more. I'm really bad at fitting exercise into my day. The most I've been getting is the 45 minute walk to and from the bus to work. I do it briskly but I know I need to do more. I've been thinking of investigating those sports shoes that are supposed to help tone and work your muscles while you wear them. Has anyone tried them?

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wfthdPQ/weight.png]

75kg when I first discovered LC. Lost 9kg then got complacent. Back on the wagon.

OK. I'm back too.

Had a really stressed couple of weeks and while I was able to keep up the higher protein I caved in on chocolate and other naughties. In small amounts, that would have been ok but..!!!

Anyway, our house in WA has sold and settled and we are now left debt free, a business but no solid 'asset'. But its all good. Abbreviated Russian story!

This week is a new beginning and I want to start it right.
      I am starting again at 88.1kg (I have maintained that during my 'binges') and still would LOVE 82 by Christmas (maybe initial water loss will help with that!). I will get back to using my food diary and keeping accountable.

Christmas here I come!!

Looks like we've all been wobbling and are back into it now!

I'm back to where I started at 77.6kgs and WILL get under 70 by Christmas! So, 7 weeks to lose 7.7 kgs... bring it on! :D

Good on you for resisting the chips, Deena. I always remind myself that they smell better than they actually taste! Likewise, avoiding the crusty bread, Snez. Nice work!

Woohoo, Chelles ~ only 3 days to go! How exciting! And you've lost a goodly amount already!

Okay, ladies, let's do this ~ let's kick this weight in its fat butt! :D

lol you're right Scribe the smell is intoxicating...I can live without the chip itself...but all the drunks around me turned me off eating too lol...I'm sounding sooooo old!

I overate yesty...nothing 'bad' but just stupid stuff in my head and I know I go straight back to comfort in food...will not happen again today!

[Blocked Image: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/kg/130.3/75/107/.png] 155kilos 7/2009...I started this time 19/9/2010

Fiasco wrote:

I'm pretty sick of eating similar things day in day out....

55.9kg this morning. It's slooooowly coming off!
      I feel like I don't look any different though.
      1.9 to lose by Xmas....(with some hurdles in between though!)

hi fiasco...I know I get bored and scrounge magazines looking for receipes to adapt coz if I don't Id go mad...got to keep mixing it up

Yeah Deena I will have to start doing the same...
      I'm just hanging out til when I can eat fruit and yoghurt again.

On the plus side, I tried on some dresses today (about 5 or 6) - tried on size 10 in each of them and they were ALL swimming on me.
      Hooray!

thats great news fiasco! it feels sooooooo good

I check out op shops for old editions of Gourmet magazine...its lush...a lot of recipes can be altered and still have a wide range of new tastes...even using different spice can make a huge difference....

Im dumping my clothes as I go lol...there is no going back this time...or I'll be arrested for being nekid!!!!!!!!!

The post was edited 3 times, last by deenalicious: bad speeling ().

deenalicious wrote:

Im dumping my clothes as I go lol...there is no going back this time...or I'll be arrested for being nekid!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

:D

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wfthdPQ/weight.png]

75kg when I first discovered LC. Lost 9kg then got complacent. Back on the wagon.

Lmao at Deena :D

too cute..

I am off on holiday day after tomorrow.. up about 1kg from the lowest (had visitors so haven't been eating properly!! Too busy not eating breakfast then eating ice creams etc with the visitors.. :eek:

So hopefully will get down to the 61s again but not going to stress.. will be light food and lotsa walking in Rarotonga.. :)

So hoping to come back about the same weight (somewhere in 60.something would be great!)

then back into the losing! :D exciting!

good luck all until I am back :D

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wiLVEx9/weight.png]

Mini Goals
      16 June (4.5 weeks) Ian McKellen on stage: Goal weight: 69kg (5.8kg in 4.5 weeks)
      21 July (+ 5 weeks) Friends baby shower: 64kg (5kg in 5 weeks)
      11 Aug (+3 weeks) Dads 60th: 61kg (3kg in 3 weeks)
      26 Sept (6.5 weeks) Brothers birthday: 56kg GOAL (5kg in 6.5 weeks)

Nice to read of so much good news.

After experimenting a bit, I'm cleaning up my food plan again, and working on getting regular rest as well as exercise. I find that the balance of the two is crucial in keeping my weight down.

Sending you all best wishes. :)
      WOE: Dr. Richard Bernstein's VLC and no sweet fruits, and the 12 Steps of Archevore, per Dr. Kurt Harris' site.

Keep A Clean Food Plan through June 30th Challenge

Over 55.
      Eleven years of maintenance.

Im officially hopeless guys! I think ive put on weight since the start and my bridesmaid duties are in 8 days! oops! Oh well, i dont feel too bad actually so maybe this is the weight im most natural at (65kg) which means i can also enjoy my life and all the things associated with it!

Lol Deena thats a great idea about chucking your old clothes out! I have soooo many sizes of jeans and i keep them all.....id just be scared if i chucked them id put on weight and be going to work in my trackies until i could fit into them again! :o

Everyone seems to be doing well....at least we're still motivated enough to be checking in to this forum rather than hiding in the corner guiltily eating icecream!