Hello from Adelaide

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hello from Adelaide

Hi.
      New to the forum after only finding it today.
      Hoping it's the go to place for some NON-conventional research into nutrition.
      Currently living 80/20% on the Primal Blueprint woe.
      Highly recommend this to all. I didn't really have any weight to loose as I'd lost 12kg 'conventionally', but then dropt another 3kgs easily following the Primal Blueprint.
      So in total I've lost 15kg since October 09. Have maintained 63kg since about June this year. That's the beauty of the PB.... it's pretty easy.
      NO calorie counting either!!!!

Very OVER the constant 'low-fat is king' type doctrine that engulfs our society.

Can handle small (v. small) portions of starchy carbs on occasion after going 'primal' fairly full on for about 6 weeks. IBS - gone. Skin - clearer. Sleep - more solid. Nails - stronger. Podgey layer of blubber - gone.

Anyhoo. Looking forward to some real nutrition advice / conversations.

cheers!!
    • Re: Hello from Adelaide

Hi :)

Onbviously you've had great success with this way of eating :) well done and welcome

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wiLVEx9/weight.png]

Mini Goals
      16 June (4.5 weeks) Ian McKellen on stage: Goal weight: 69kg (5.8kg in 4.5 weeks)
      21 July (+ 5 weeks) Friends baby shower: 64kg (5kg in 5 weeks)
      11 Aug (+3 weeks) Dads 60th: 61kg (3kg in 3 weeks)
      26 Sept (6.5 weeks) Brothers birthday: 56kg GOAL (5kg in 6.5 weeks)

K-L wrote:

Hi.
      New to the forum after only finding it today.
      Hoping it's the go to place for some NON-conventional research into nutrition.
      Currently living 80/20% on the Primal Blueprint woe.
      Highly recommend this to all. I didn't really have any weight to loose as I'd lost 12kg 'conventionally', but then dropt another 3kgs easily following the Primal Blueprint.
      So in total I've lost 15kg since October 09. Have maintained 63kg since about June this year. That's the beauty of the PB.... it's pretty easy.
      NO calorie counting either!!!!

Very OVER the constant 'low-fat is king' type doctrine that engulfs our society.

Can handle small (v. small) portions of starchy carbs on occasion after going 'primal' fairly full on for about 6 weeks. IBS - gone. Skin - clearer. Sleep - more solid. Nails - stronger. Podgey layer of blubber - gone.

Anyhoo. Looking forward to some real nutrition advice / conversations.

cheers!!

Goodness I just googled Primal Blueprint but my brains are dead tonight and I can't comprehend anything! Can you give us a bit of an insight into what you do daily K-L please?
      Start date AGAIN August 24 2010

Cheers
      Cazza xx

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Cazza,
      That's the beauty of being primal. There really isnt a system you have to follow. Once you sort out some substitutes that you can stomach (almond meal pancakes are NOT a favorite let me tell you)... it's pretty easy.

The hardest part was the 'carb-flu' that hit in about week 2 for a few days of brain fog, fatigue and 'why the hell am I doing this' kinda stuff.

A general day for me is...
      Breakfast - trail mix (cashews, almonds, pepitas, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and sultanas) with FULL FAT yoghurt and milk.
      Coffee (sometimes with no sugar sometimes with 1/2 tspn)

Lunch can be a tin of tuna and salad. Or Cheese and salad, or any left over dinner but no starchy carbs.

Luckily I can cope with a chocolate just about everyday now.
      When I first went primal I was pretty strict for the first 6 weeks or so. But now I cheat probably more than I should, but I'm still maintaining my weight and IBS issues are pretty much zero.

Coconut flour (from newinternationalist.com.au) with coconut meal makes for yum pancakes especially with sliced fresh pear and lashings of cream!!! Full fat of course.

Cauliflower rice instead of rice
      Shredded cabbage / kale / spinach / zucchini instead of pasta
      Bacon / eggs / tomato for weekend breakfasts (or now the occasionaly piece of toast).

It certainly does seem complicated at first but now it's all too easy!!
      Just re-read a few times and let it all soak in, you'll be right!!

Infinite blessings to you.

Hi K-L

thanks so much for your answer.

It seems pretty much low carb except for the trail mix and yoghurt and pears etc. I mean using the cauli for rice, and nothing starchy.

I have decided NO BOOZE so I am really looking forward to weight falling off me cos food wise I am doing everything right :eek:

thanks again xxx
      Start date AGAIN August 24 2010

Cheers
      Cazza xx