Low carb supplies in Perth

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Low carb supplies in Perth

Anybody looking for half cream, Harvey Fresh makes it, and is in the grocery aisle at Jack's Wholefoods and groceries in Claremont - they also stock a big range in the sugarfree sweets.

I work for them, so I find that when I need things they get it in for me, if there is a request from the public it's easier.

deenalicious wrote:

hi

What kind of things are you looking for?

deena

Low carb bars, shakes, baking mix. Really anything low carb. For instance I love fruit toast with peanut butter and I would like to make a low carb variation on fruit toast. I find if you have substitutes its not as hard to stick to the regimen.

Thanks Deena

Annden wrote:

Low carb bars, shakes, baking mix. Really anything low carb. For instance I love fruit toast with peanut butter and I would like to make a low carb variation on fruit toast. I find if you have substitutes its not as hard to stick to the regimen.

Thanks Deena

empowerfoods.com.au/products/ you can buy online from them

Atkins bars are in Coles

I dont usually eat processed foods...I might be a masochist but I make most stuff from scratch...

bodhi.com.au/ a local WA company Bodhi make a fruit loaf...it depends on how low carb you want to go...Ive seen their breads in Coles also...but usually bigger stores....you can also buy online

good luck
      You don't need eyes to see you need vision... Maxy Jazz....Faithless

[Blocked Image: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/kg/130.3/75/107/.png] 155kilos 7/2009...I started this time 19/9/2010

I usually just use Coles or Woolies for my lo carb supplies, however I have a really great lo carb cook book that puts a whole new meaning to my lo carb living and cleverly uses ingredients in an imaginative way that I wouldn't have considered before (things just available from local supermarkets), it's called 500 Low-Carb Recipes by Dana Carpender and it will give you lots of great recipes for everything from breakfasts to great tasting desserts!

Annden wrote:

Thanks Deena

Very helpful, I went on both their sites and placed some orders. Got a low carb bake mix from Empower foods and some other bits and pieces from Bodhi's bakehouse. See how they go. Thanks again.

Annden

I used to make the bread from empower and I found that it really was just a waste of time. If you buy the Burgen Bread from the supermarket that is specifically for weight loss, its pretty much the same thing, because it has a high fiber content. I just have it in the morning though. Also, if you try the empower wraps from Subiaco Cross Ways Health Food Store, they are awesome to have as kebabs, replacement bread for burgers, lasagne sheets etc. Empower chocolate is the BOMB! and so is Atkins endulge chocolate bars from Coles and Woolworths. The wraps keep forever! I have them when I eat curry etc. I find the lowcarbzone website the best to buy things from, and I buy in bulk. So much cheaper. Oh and you can buy the miracle noodles from VHC in Northbridge, next to the Chinese Butchers there. Sooooo cheap. Cheapest in Perth!:o

you can get miracle noodles from this way cute Korean shop in the Duncan Street shops (Woolies) in Vic Park...very cheap

[Blocked Image: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/kg/130.3/75/107/.png] 155kilos 7/2009...I started this time 19/9/2010

Thanks for the info on the noodles, presume you call the miracle ones the Shirataki ones I've been reading about on this site. I'll have to get myself to Vic Park and can I ask, do I need to take an esky in this hot weather or are they dry? I hope they are good price like the ones advertised in Northbridge. Thank you so much.

mmm VHC - not sure how to pronounce it in English, but I can tell you where it is! There is an Indian Store on William Street, just across from the Mosque. Next to the Store there is a white building and it as blue writing on the front. I think it is VHC or VHT. Sorry, can only pronounce this in Chinese! Anyway, if you have gone past the noodle shop and then the butcher, you have gone too far! When you go in there, just ask for shirataki noodles or the noodles that they put in the steam boat. They use these noodles because they do not swell whilst making steam boat. It will be written in Japanese, so don't even bother to look for the english wording! I find that if you go to the Japanese store to buy these, they are really really expensive. These noodles cost me about $1 per packet and they feed 3 of us! if you buy miracle noodle, then you are just paying for the name. oh, they dont keep the noodles in the fridge. when you walk into the store, go to the first isle on the left and that is the noodle isle. You will find them there on the end of the isle or close by. Even the kids love these noodles. I put fish balls in there for them or beef balls. They love it. In regards to the stock, we use a japanese pork based ramen stock which we buy from the japanese store. Will try and get you some info on them, as they are to die for!

great to use these noodles with stir fry or just soups. nice with the meatballs and spag sauce! use them as a substitute for most noodle recipes! oh, dun worry abt the smell though...you will get used to it!

Thank you very much. I am going to make a trip to Perth Monday and see how I go. That is great value for $1. My children don't really need to eat like me, so I'm often wondering about "bulk" to put with the protein, like a stir fry. Great to think they are available with winter coming. I did try to order the low carb wraps at the health store this week that you girls have been talking about, but she said her supplier doesn't stock them anymore. Thats the health store in Armadale shopping centre. She did suggest Woolworths but couldn't find anything like that there today.

I'm visiting Willetton tomorrow and they have a new Korean shop there so I may try just for trying sake. Nothing ventured.

Really appreciate your help. Many thanks.

I pay $1.45 for 380gms....that's nearly double the size (in grams) of the ones in the Japanese shops...

Hi, haven't made it to Perth yet, but will be going in tomorrow to Northbridge for the Festival of Perth that's going on and hoping your store is open. However, in the mean time have been trying different Asian shops. My problem is, they don't know what I am talking about and/or I have the problem they don't speak English very well which makes it harder and, they don't speak the language which is on the actual product in their shop! I could do with an empty packet, because its the blind leading the blind. Today in Willetton I bought a packet with noodles that they say are the steam boat ones, little balls of noodles rolled up, in liquid. In the fridge in one shop, on the shelf at another shop in Canning Vale. Plus at the latter, I bought what is like a bubble of water with noodles floating in them, which says on it, shirataki noodles, made from yam flour. Both these products had very low carb, 3 and under, but of course, no no carb, so couldn't be the ones. I'm now wondering about whether to order the miracle ones, and from where as this is quite hard. For a start, their products aren't in English so I want to be very sure of what I am buying. These two I bought to day would only feed one, the packets, especially the bubble one, which was $2 would probably only feed one and very sparingly. I've checked the link for the miracle noodles but they are over $30 plus postage for what seems very little. Would appreciate any advice on what I've found, and any clues to what your product looks like. Sorry to come back to you, but thanks for your help.