Low carb supplies in Perth

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Low carb supplies in Perth

Sherrie so glad you replied with that because after much yahoo at the Korean shop this morning, I came home with a packet of these from the fridge section. Floating in water right, so this is them? Thanks! Feel after all that chasing around this morning it was of value. Cost me $1.80

Sounds like them, these are the ones I bought once a long time ago never did try them, otherwise there's the miracle noodles and rice available online which are made from the same stuff.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

yup they're the ones I have too...there are a few brands but the Ive always found them tied in little bundles...I dont cook mine...I rinse them in hot water and add them to what ever Im eating them with....never had a problem

um oldermum...most beans can be found at the swansea street markets in vic park...um obviously in swansea street...lol...its a weird little market 1/2 asian 1/2 italian...lots of beans loose...would be worth a look...
      You don't need eyes to see you need vision... Maxy Jazz....Faithless

[Blocked Image: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/kg/130.3/75/107/.png] 155kilos 7/2009...I started this time 19/9/2010

The post was edited 1 time, last by deenalicious ().

Thanks for that info. Had them for lunch in a stir fry, will definitely get some more, especially as winter approaches. Yep, they are tied up bundles, don't know if they are supposed to stay like that, but just ate them as they were. Thanks for the info on the market, I've just read black soy beans are extremely low in carbs and high in protein, but not as available here I think, unless you know where to get them. Market sounds interesting and worth a look. Thanks girls!

The miracle noodles still have carbs in them. 3g of carbs but they are high in fibre, so it is really 0 net carbs. i am chinese, and we use them for all sorts of things and I also have them as a normal pasta substitute. I take them out of the packet, then I rinse them and i actually undo the knot in them and then when my base stock for soups etc is done, I put then noodles into the pot for about a minute or so, just so they warm through the noodle. Really don't like eating cold noodles. I love these because they do not swell. The kids love them because they can still have noodles and soup for lunch and because they dont swell, they dont need to worry abt opening up their containers and finding fat noodles and no liquid! if u go to the asian herbalist, they have black soy beans there. it is right across the road from VHT in Northbridge. Next to the Mosque. I think it is called Hong Ninh. Hope this helps.

Wow, you girls are helping so much. Thank you! Don't know how to get the little icons up but if I could it would be a way smiley face. Have started night classes for the computer so will get there eventually. One of the side effects of the low carb diet, my brain has returned. Thank you. Interesting point, don't know what you think, in the Korean shop in Willetton they had these noodles in the fridge, in the Asian supermarket in Canning Vale, the same product was on the shelf. Any thoughts? I paid $1.80 at Korean shop so am guessing if I shop around now that I know what I'm looking for, could get them lower. Have a good day ladies.

Hi would appreciate answer from anyone on last posting about the noodles as I don't want to poison my daughter. Also, in case you missed the article in the paper on Serafine bakeries in Denmark who have just produced a sour dough coeliac bread. Baker himself is coeliac so has been perfecting it. Available from Peaches Fresh (South Fremantle), The Boatshed Markets (Cottesloe) and all Fresh Provisions stores, as well as outlets in Albany and Denmark. I have been in touch with them and challenged them about a low carb bread as put out by the Julian Bakery in America, that's only 1 carb a slice! The wife, who is also a baker, was very enthusiastic about low carb and also recommended to me coconut flour for baking! Will try. Looking it up seems pretty healthy, and lower carbs than white flour. Can anyone also give me an idea about splenda and stevia and the aftertaste. My husband has just been diagnosed with insulin intolerance bordering diabetes, and he won't eat anything I make with it because of the taste. I made a really nice fudge off youtube, peanut butter fudge, Atkins recipe, but the aftertaste! and that was with lowering the stevia/splenda in it as did the guy making the recipe. Also when cooking with it, does it alter the cake for example, and make it more stodgy? Thanks ladies, glad I have you to check with. Regards!

Go to the supermarket and get a dark chocolate bar by well naturally and see if he gets the after taste from that. It uses erythritol although I think there is still some splenda, not sure as its been ages since I had one. It's in the health food section.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

ohh and just vaguely I think they bought out a new one that had erythritol and stevia, I think its the one with almonds. Try that too, you never know.

I buy all my chicken and eggs from Steggles in Osbourne Park. 2kg of chicken tenderlions (big bag!) for $18 (free from antibiotics etc) and 24 eggs for $5 (that was an offer though, normally $2.80 per 12)

Due to the amount of chicken we got through even before we started BT we found this the most cost affective way of purchasing it and also knowing that its 'happy' chicken, as much as it could have been :/

Not really a low carb product, well it is but you know what i mean, i just thought this info maybe of some use to someone.

Emma

Hi Jenk Im in Perth too :) *waves*

Are the steggles chicken um non tortured? like roaming free type of thing lol...free range eggs? If it is thats an amazing price

[Blocked Image: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/kg/130.3/75/107/.png] 155kilos 7/2009...I started this time 19/9/2010

Hi Deenalicious :)

This is from their website - So they are free to roam but not totally FREE if you know what I mean. Maybe not as good as I had first thought, I just saw their advert re: free from hormones etc and thought that was good :confused:

A few other facts: We are proud to say that:

We Do
      Raise our chickens and turkeys in specifically built poultry houses where they are free to roam and have easy access to ample food and water. Our growers monitor the air temperature and humidity within the poultry houses.

Feed our chickens and turkeys a balanced nutritious diet that is specially formulated by our nutritionists. The significant proportion of the chicken feed is comprised of grain, such as Wheat and Sorghum, which is all Australian grown.

At times, include soyabean in the diet, which is genetically modified. Genetically modified feed does not represent a safety concern for consumers as the digestion process ensures there are no traces of genetically modified components in the chicken meat.

Hatch and rear all our chickens and turkeys in Australia

Regularly inspect our farms for compliance with our own welfare standards and those set by the Australian Government

We Don't
      Keep any of our chickens and turkeys in cages

Use any antibiotics, hormones or steroids to promote or enhance the growth of our chickens and turkeys

Use any imported chicken & turkey within the business

Emma
      [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][CENTER]:) Trying To Hitch A Lift To Skinnyville :)[/CENTER][/FONT]
      [CENTER][Blocked Image: http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wTt0fzq/weight.png]
      [/CENTER]

thanx for that

I dont think I trust anyone lol...I think they mostly do whatever is cost effective...well it is a business...

Im happy with no hormones!