Bodytrim Diet 2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Bodytrim Diet 2

Welcome to our new Body Trim discussion thread, the original Bodytrim Diet thread is getting quite long and valuable posts were getting harder to find. This will enable myself to add useful bodytrim forum threads such as bodytrim recipes and other helpful questions and posts. If you come across any other useful threads or future thread in this forum, such as an answer to a popular bodytrim diet related question - then let me know and I will add them too. This way, it will be much easier for members to direct new members to information on the bodytrim diet, as this first post will be like a "Bodytrim Diet Index". If you ever see a good answer for a common question in the old body trim thread, send me the link to the post and I will add it here. Your suggestions are more then welcome :)

Original Bodytrim Diet Thread

Bodytrim Diet - Weight loss Program (quick rundown of the Bodytrim diet)

Bodytrim in a nut shell

Typical protein day

BODY TRIM RECIPES!! POST HERE!

Body Trim Recipes??? help!!

Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

Bodytrim for men!

Struggling with Breakfasts on BT

Ideas for Bodytrim Breakfast, phase 2

Bodytrim Plus

Bodyscuplt

Bodytrim V Atkins?

Some common questions:

Bodytrim and Chilli sauce

What time do you eat on Bodytrim?

BodyTrim - Coffee and Tea

Protein bars / snacks
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Sherrie: adding more links... ().

• Re: Bodytrim Diet 2

I started Bodytrim Plus yesterday.

I failed dismally on the original Bodytrim; too much meat, too many steps and the whole 3 day protein binge did my head in.

I have tried everything under the sun to lose weight, including the evil Tony Ferguson diet, which resulted in more weight gained than lost. Atkins was simply not healthy; and I don't dig Lite'n'Easy with their artificial frozen dinners.

BUT, I am pleased to report that Bodytrim Plus is a much more refined and informative program. Same diet - but the science, research and methodology is explained in more depth. You get a greater sense of variety in your eating, and honestly, it makes sense.

Pfft, wish me luck.

Why is "Atkins simply not healthy"? saturated fat? saturated fat really isn't bad, I could think of much worse such as vegetable oils.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Hi Lady Yum, welcome to BT land its a great way to lose weight an yes I think the BT+ is much easier to get your head around too. let us know how you get on with detox this time.

Hi Fee, how was your week, I had a gain which wasn't surprising seem to get a kilo off then hang around there for a week or so before it moves again, but I am now only 2kg off my pre-menopause weight. And determined to get there an stay there this time

Hello to everyone else as well

dal

Sherrie wrote:

Why is "Atkins simply not healthy"? saturated fat? saturated fat really isn't bad, I could think of much worse such as vegetable oils.

Hi Sherrie

I should have prefaced my comment with the words: 'in my experience, I have found that'...

I really struggle with meat; I don't digest it very well, or cream, hence my discontent with Atkins. I know there are great alternatives out there, but my evil guts were Atkins-intolerant.

Did Atkins work for you? And what is your favourite low-carb program?

dal wrote:

Hi Lady Yum, welcome to BT land its a great way to lose weight an yes I think the BT+ is much easier to get your head around too. let us know how you get on with detox this time.

Hi Fee, how was your week, I had a gain which wasn't surprising seem to get a kilo off then hang around there for a week or so before it moves again, but I am now only 2kg off my pre-menopause weight. And determined to get there an stay there this time

dal

Hey Dal

Thanks for your words of encouragement! Will keep you posted indeed.

lady_yum wrote:

Hi Sherrie

I should have prefaced my comment with the words: 'in my experience, I have found that'...

I really struggle with meat; I don't digest it very well, or cream, hence my discontent with Atkins. I know there are great alternatives out there, but my evil guts were Atkins-intolerant.

Did Atkins work for you? And what is your favourite low-carb program?

Ah ok fair enough, I didn't find that I ate as much meat as say someone on bodytrim as I only mostly ate it at dinner and sometimes at lunch as leftovers. Having said that I have never done bodytrim. Cream I would have sometimes in a cheesecake (I often ate cheesecake as breaky or lunch), low carb cereal (just a small amount) or occasionally in dinner so I don't really feel like I had a lot of cream. I usually used a small amount of milk in coffees still but I remember after my first stall I went the cream route but it was only a teaspoon.

I did Atkins in 2002 but more like my own interpretation with after a stall a limit of 1500 cals per day, once I got into my 50s I added some refeeds which are kinda like a free day but bigger, I was also weight training at the time. This was when I started to realise I had CFS/ME as I would get sick after exercise. I initially blamed lack of carbs and over training but increasing them didn't help and weights 3 times a week isn't over training! Anyway, then I got to 56 and wouldn't budge so I went to maintenance and the first week I hit my goal of 55kg and I maintained for 2 years, despite having CFS/ME until I fell pregnant.

Really as far as low carb goes I think you just have to find what suits you, pick bits out of them all if you like until you find something that works and make it your own. Low carb doesn't have to be say 20g per day, it could be much more depending on your activity level, doesn't have to be high fat either though too low in fat isn't such a great idea either. If you heavily restrict both carbs and fat you're basically just left with protein.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherrie: clarifying ().

dal wrote:

dal

Hi Dal. Hope you're going well.
      Welcome to Lady Yum and all the best with your bodytrim experience.
      I had a good first week last week, down 1.3 kgs. Not feeling as though much is moving this week, but the scales will tell the story come Sunday.
      I am managing to walk most mornings, and am trying to cut all alcohol, which is my downfall.
      Good luck to everybody.
      Will report in after next weigh.
      Fiona.

Hey guys!

I am BTing for the second time. I have had good losses since I began - I didn;t weigh myself when I started but I am fitting into my clothes better and I have lost my "high" fat on my butt and love handles have reduced too - shame that the boobs bugger off as well :(

I am doing my best to stick with everything. I am definitely not sweating the small stuff otherwise I wind myself up. So far I have been able to keep it so people don;t really realise that I have a different way of eating which is exactly how I like it.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi , well its been an up an down week with eating, had cheat peek on scales this morning down 100gm which I'm okay with, will do measurements Saturday see whats changed haven't done them for a couple of months. I'm finding as Sherrie said about low carb eating that you find what fits you best, I often throw in a BS day here and there, mainly cos I find PO days hard, which I'm starting think is the free day hangover, but I prefer BT eating for the long term.
      Fiona hope you get good results this week, welcome Sixtyeight sounds like your doing great.

cheers Dal

That's awesome Blackierose. Well done!

In answer to your question - I am still trucking along and after grocery shopping yesterday I should find it a lot easier. That's where I struggle is when my choices are limited.

I also think that fast food joints should be shot for the "salads" they offer as a replacement for their starch options in their meals. Even my kids were disgusted with what i go to go with a 1/4 chicken yesterday. Bless their cottons - they were offering me chips in case I was going to be hungry :) Had 2. :D Still not sweating the small stuff.

Hi everyone.
      Firstly, congratulations Blackierose on a great loss!
      I pulled my mum onboard last week and she lost 2.9kg in her first week and only has about 7 kgs to lose total. She's amazed how good she feels.

On the other hand, I've been too embarassed to post after my weigh in on Sunday.

Wait for it ... I put on 1 kg!!! I was absolutely devastated as I really hadn't done anything wrong I thought, including having walked nearly every day, hadn't eaten anything wrong I thought, but had a few drinks.

So after sulking for a good half day, I decided to make some changes for this week, including:

Have stopped having a sugar in my coffee (using stevia sweetener);
      Absolutely NO alcohol;
      Reducing the fatty meat, have been eating a lot of pork which we produce ourselves but is quite fatty, particularly the bacon and sausages;
      Am weighing protein serves again, to ensure I haven't been over-doing them.

So we'll hope for the best this week.
      Having been through many diets this is the first time I've put on weight and not known why. Because I thought I'd been so good.

Anyway, back on this horse and we'll see what this week brings.
      Good luck to everybody else! Don't let my hard luck story affect you!!!

;) Fiona.

thanks for the welcome :) this isnt the first time i have tried body trim but i am definitely sticking to it!
      hi sixtyeight i havent even let myself near a fast food place!! the temptation would be too great. plus i am so fussy with salad vegies that i would basically just eat the lettuce! not appealing. plus a chip here and there doesnt hurt anybody!
      fee13 i am sure that kg will fall off! does your fluctuate normally?
      am very proud of myself, we had an afternoon tea at work to raise money for the flood victims and i didnt eat any of the naughty stuff, donated $$ instead. a much better option i think.
      good luck to everyone this week.