Bodytrim Diet 2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Bodytrim Diet 2

Stefanie wrote:

Hi guys

i am get a bit sick of meat and veg and ham and salad dishes please if anyone has any interesting dishes they could let me in i would really like that Bec just told me she had Shepard pie with no ta toes so that is one dish any other.
      thanks

I must admit I have not ventured too far away from the meat/salad and vege's for lunch and dinner. However for breakfast i have 1/2 cup wholegrain oats with 1 serve of vanilla protein powder and 1/2 tspn of vanilla essence. Add 1 cup of water and zap in microwave for 2 mins. Sprinkle a sachet of splenda over the top for a little sweetness..... Surprisingly it is not too bad and amazingly filling.

I also have been using cauliflower as my rice by blitzing it in the food processor and then cooking it in microwave with no additional water. Sometimes for the protein portion I cook up chicken mince, add a little salsa and a tbspn of greek yoghurt and mix together... not for everyone I am sure but I like it.

For lunch today i cooked up some thinly sliced ham added some sliced cabbage. Once the cabbage had broken down a little I added a dash of teryaki sauce for flavour and a tinly amount of fried shallots on top. I am sure you can use what ever vege's you like.

Sorry for the lack of help but i tend to stick with the same ol' same ol' so that I don't go off the rails!

Check out the recipes on the bodytrim recipe thread on this forum as there are some great ideas there.

apinchofhealth.com/forum/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=5
      [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Kirsty[/SIZE][/COLOR] :rolleyes:

[Blocked Image: http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wjbL65z/weight.png]

Stefanie, check out the recipe sections of the BT forum, there are heaps of great recipes in there. I put a lot of my favourite recipes in the Dinner section, including cottage pie pots, chicken zucchini carbonara and chicken enchiladas.

Hi everyone,
      Sorry to be a downer :( I was wondering if anyone else has had sudden dives in motivation. Its amazing the change in my mood since last week. Last week I had no cravings and was feeling fantastic. Since Friday I have felt really flat. I havent gained any weight and I am still constantly losing weight. My discipline has just gone out the window. I recently (4 weeks ago) stoped taking antidepressants and I hope the flat feeling is not due to that. Any tips on getting my mojo back! I want to nip it in the butt now before I destroy all the good work I've done!

If you think it might be the anti depressants you could try moving your morning carb to the evening to help boost serotonin production at night. Did you feel better after a free day?
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Hi,
      I was looking at doing some baking tonight and I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for any cheesecakes that freeze well. Has anyone tried freezing the peanut butter cookies or the protein balls. If you can not freeze them how long do they last in the fridge. As these are occasional treats I am worried I will over indulge if they are sitting in the fridge.
      thanks

Well I have just finished week two and was amazed when I stood on the scales this morning. In fact I stood on them 3 times to see if it was the same result. I only want to lose 10 kilos. I started at 62.4. First week 2.3 lost and this week a massive 4.3 kilos. I am stunned.Have found the whole thing pretty easy

Mrs Mills wrote:

Hi,
      I was looking at doing some baking tonight and I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for any cheesecakes that freeze well. Has anyone tried freezing the peanut butter cookies or the protein balls. If you can not freeze them how long do they last in the fridge. As these are occasional treats I am worried I will over indulge if they are sitting in the fridge.
      thanks

I can't help you with an answer to this sorry but i am very keen to see if anyone can help! I purposely haven't baked anything so that I don't get stuck with the extra goodies in the fridge!!

Have you tried any particular recipes? I have ploughed through the recipe forum but not quite sure which ones are the better treats to make?

lyndenstev wrote:

Well I have just finished week two and was amazed when I stood on the scales this morning. In fact I stood on them 3 times to see if it was the same result. I only want to lose 10 kilos. I started at 62.4. First week 2.3 lost and this week a massive 4.3 kilos. I am stunned.Have found the whole thing pretty easy

Wow what an amazing loss - well done!!! Does that mean you have lost 6.6kg's in 2 weeks??

Fantastic!

lyndenstev wrote:

That's a totally fantastic result. Its great that you have been finding it easy.
      You will be saying goodbye to those nasty 10kg really quickly at this rate!:D

charliam wrote:

I can't help you with an answer to this sorry but i am very keen to see if anyone can help! I purposely haven't baked anything so that I don't get stuck with the extra goodies in the fridge!!

Have you tried any particular recipes? I have ploughed through the recipe forum but not quite sure which ones are the better treats to make?

I know what you mean there is so many recipes for the same things with differences of 1 or 2 ingredients. I saw a recipe for chocolate muffins that freeze so I might just start with that. Maybe if I just stick with one a week there may not be too much temptation in the fridge.:rolleyes:

Hi there
      I am back on the bodytrim diet and was wondering what are the differences for the new bodytrim 2 diet. Im hoping they allow yogurt!! I am a vegetarian, so am a little restricted, and alot of the vege substitutes are higher in carbs. I was successful before on this diet, but the weight came back on so quickly. I have to be more careful this time! Also, i have seen in other forums that vigorous exercise can counteract this diet but cannot find the reason for this. I have been going to gym and am wondering if i need to tone things back a bit.
      Thankyou in advance :)

Mrs Mills wrote:

Hi,
      thanks

I make lemon or passionfruit cheesecake all the time (depends if my passionfruit vine is fruiting or not). I found this recipe on the net and I've adapted it slightly, works out to be about 55g of protein so a little over the 50g protein snack serve. I make mine up in batches of 6 in silicone muffin cups and stick them all the in freezer, let them thaw at room temp for about an hour or so and they come out fine.

250g whole milk ricotta cheese
      2 eggs
      Juice and grated zest of one medium lemon (or pulp out of 2 passionfruit)
      Sugar substitute to equal 1/2 cup of sugar or to taste (I use Xylitol)
      1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preparation:
      Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.Separate the eggs, and beat the whites until soft peaks form. Combine the egg yolks and the rest of the ingredients. Taste to see if it's lemony enough, as some lemons are "dryer" and have less juice (average is about 3 tablespoons of juice for a medium lemon). You can add half a teaspoon of lemon extract, or more lemon juice to taste. Fold egg whites into the mixture and spoon into 6 muffin cups. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
    • Question for Sherrie

Sherrie wrote:

Ah ok fair enough, I didn't find that I ate as much meat as say someone on bodytrim as I only mostly ate it at dinner and sometimes at lunch as leftovers. Having said that I have never done bodytrim. Cream I would have sometimes in a cheesecake (I often ate cheesecake as breaky or lunch), low carb cereal (just a small amount) or occasionally in dinner so I don't really feel like I had a lot of cream. I usually used a small amount of milk in coffees still but I remember after my first stall I went the cream route but it was only a teaspoon.

I did Atkins in 2002 but more like my own interpretation with after a stall a limit of 1500 cals per day, once I got into my 50s I added some refeeds which are kinda like a free day but bigger, I was also weight training at the time. This was when I started to realise I had CFS/ME as I would get sick after exercise. I initially blamed lack of carbs and over training but increasing them didn't help and weights 3 times a week isn't over training! Anyway, then I got to 56 and wouldn't budge so I went to maintenance and the first week I hit my goal of 55kg and I maintained for 2 years, despite having CFS/ME until I fell pregnant.

Really as far as low carb goes I think you just have to find what suits you, pick bits out of them all if you like until you find something that works and make it your own. Low carb doesn't have to be say 20g per day, it could be much more depending on your activity level, doesn't have to be high fat either though too low in fat isn't such a great idea either. If you heavily restrict both carbs and fat you're basically just left with protein.

Hi Sherrie

I've been following some of the BT threads and found this reply from you to someone who was asking about how much meat you eat..... Would you mind if I ask you - if you only eat meat at dinner and sometimes leftovers at lunch, what do you eat at other times? Is it mainly protein - if so, what type? Also, do you snack between meals? I'm curious, because I am trying to find a solution that works for me, and you've had such success I'd love to know what exactly it is you do!!

Thanks,
      Annie
      SW: 75kg
      CW: 66.1
      GW: 55kg

Lost so far: 8.9kg
      Still to lose: 10.1kg

carkatcam wrote:

Hi there
      I am back on the bodytrim diet and was wondering what are the differences for the new bodytrim 2 diet. Im hoping they allow yogurt!! I am a vegetarian, so am a little restricted, and alot of the vege substitutes are higher in carbs. I was successful before on this diet, but the weight came back on so quickly. I have to be more careful this time! Also, i have seen in other forums that vigorous exercise can counteract this diet but cannot find the reason for this. I have been going to gym and am wondering if i need to tone things back a bit.
      Thankyou in advance :)

Hey Carkatcam :)

I'm not BT, just wanted to answer that this thread isn't titled "Bodytrim 2" because there's a new bodytrim diet but rather just a new bodytrim thread as the old one was very long :)

I would experiment, if you lose using yoghurt then use it, whatever helps. The issue with vigorous exercise is that it relies on glucose for energy as in vigorous exercise your body is not able to convert fat to energy at a fast enough pace. However MCT oils act like glucose in that they do not need to be converted so you could always try them as well. Your body should tell you if it's struggling to cope with the exercise.

Good luck :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

• Re: Question for Sherrie

flipside2010 wrote:

Hi Sherrie

I've been following some of the BT threads and found this reply from you to someone who was asking about how much meat you eat..... Would you mind if I ask you - if you only eat meat at dinner and sometimes leftovers at lunch, what do you eat at other times? Is it mainly protein - if so, what type? Also, do you snack between meals? I'm curious, because I am trying to find a solution that works for me, and you've had such success I'd love to know what exactly it is you do!!

Thanks,
      Annie

Hey Annie, I will go to your diary as it's not really a BT subject but this is an example of what my meals looked like on Atkins back in the day: Low Carb Menu Ideas

Sherrie wrote:

Hey Carkatcam :)

I'm not BT, just wanted to answer that this thread isn't titled "Bodytrim 2" because there's a new bodytrim diet but rather just a new bodytrim thread as the old one was very long :)

I would experiment, if you lose using yoghurt then use it, whatever helps. The issue with vigorous exercise is that it relies on glucose for energy as in vigorous exercise your body is not able to convert fat to energy at a fast enough pace. However MCT oils act like glucose in that they do not need to be converted so you could always try them as well. Your body should tell you if it's struggling to cope with the exercise.

Good luck :)

Thanks Sherrie for the information :)

puffenstuff wrote:

I make lemon or passionfruit cheesecake all the time (depends if my passionfruit vine is fruiting or not). I found this recipe on the net and I've adapted it slightly, works out to be about 55g of protein so a little over the 50g protein snack serve. I make mine up in batches of 6 in silicone muffin cups and stick them all the in freezer, let them thaw at room temp for about an hour or so and they come out fine.

2 eggs

Preparation:
      Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.Separate the eggs, and beat the whites until soft peaks form. Combine the egg yolks and the rest of the ingredients. Taste to see if it's lemony enough, as some lemons are "dryer" and have less juice (average is about 3 tablespoons of juice for a medium lemon). You can add half a teaspoon of lemon extract, or more lemon juice to taste. Fold egg whites into the mixture and spoon into 6 muffin cups. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.

thanks , i will give these a go tonight. Sounds Yum

puffenstuff wrote:

2 eggs

Preparation:

I only have low fat Ricotta. Do you think it would that make any difference?