Bodytrim Diet 2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Bodytrim Diet 2

I had the old Bt and then bought the new when it came out as they were hyping it up saying new and improved, more snack ideas, 150 or whatever it was new recipes. I felt a bit ripped off by it as even the recipes were the same from the old book with a few new added in which I had seen some of those new recipes from the web site anyways. I find I never used the new book either, still will use the old one as a reference guide. Maybe I should sell it on ebay or something :D

If you go to the first post of this thread I believe there is a link to a thread about bodytrim and bodytrim plus.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Hi everyone!
      i am on my second run at BT since losing 5kg before a holiday, now i've put it back on plus a few more kgs!

I'm currently on day 3 of PO and its been pretty good, quite easy as i do love meat :) i'm just wondering, i started my 3 day po on monday, am i able to have my first free day on sunday? hehe best part of BT.

I had to weigh myself yesterday, and to my amazement i've lost 2.4kg!!! its amazing, i cut out all my protein bars and sugar free lollies and hams (thanks to this forum for the advice) which i think has kick started it.

I ove reading this forum, everyone is so inspirational! its fantastic!

Ok, so I have one day left of PO and I still dont have my books/dvds yet. I may need a little more help for when I get onto the next phase.

Coffee and tea...I believe its allowed, but what about milk and sugar/honey.

I assume potatoes are a no-no, is there any other veggies that we cant eat?

Do I have to have fruit/toast/yoghurt with my breakfast, or can I just have protein if I want to?

Are protein bars now an acceptable snack? What about cheese or nuts?

Thanks again for all the help :)

Oh, forgot to ask about the protein shakes, from what I've read there needs to be a certain amount of protein/carbs/sugar, could someone tell me what the percentages are please.

shazbey wrote:

Ok, so I have one day left of PO and I still dont have my books/dvds yet. I may need a little more help for when I get onto the next phase.

Coffee and tea...I believe its allowed, but what about milk and sugar/honey.

I assume potatoes are a no-no, is there any other veggies that we cant eat?

Do I have to have fruit/toast/yoghurt with my breakfast, or can I just have protein if I want to?

Are protein bars now an acceptable snack? What about cheese or nuts?

Thanks again for all the help :)

Oh, forgot to ask about the protein shakes, from what I've read there needs to be a certain amount of protein/carbs/sugar, could someone tell me what the percentages are please.

Sugar and honey are not allowed. You can have a very small dash of milk in your tea or coffee, but you will need to use a sweetener (like Natvia or Xylitol) instead of sugar/honey.

You don't have to have the carb serve at breakfast, you can just have the protein.

Potatoes, sweet potatoes and several other veggies are not allowed. Can't remember exactly which ones but there are also some that are limited to 2-3 times per week such as pumpkin, green beans, peas, corn and carrots. You can double check the lists when your book arrives.

Cheese and nuts are not technically allowed as snacks, but I eat them anyway and don't have any problems. I also rarely have my carb serve at breakfast so I can get away with eating more fat (like Atkins).

Protein bars are fine to have occasionally as long as they meet the guidelines. PER 100g they need to have: more than 30g protein, less than 10g carbs.

Protein shakes PER 100g need to have: more than 70g protein, less than 10g carbs.

Briony -
      I've got the Body Science 'shaping protein for women' sitting on my desk. I bought it from a scary gym/bodybuilding shop near my office, but one of my colleagues said you can get it in Coles. It's a bit sweet for my taste, I mix it with water and warm it in the microwave to make a hot chocolate. It has 6.9/100g carbs - 5.7 sugar, which was about the lowest I could find. it works out to 1.7g of carbs per serve.

Shazby-
      Coffee and tea is allowed, but no sugars - get yourself an alternative sweetener, my partner uses equal stevia or splenda. Coffee you make yourself is better than espresso, as you will use less milk (mind you I'm sitting here with my flat white)

Protein bars and shakes are a good snack, but you are supposed to limit them to one a day. I prefer the atkins endulge bars, also available at coles and woolies, to the shakes. They are about $4 a bar though, so a bit expensive. I order them online, but it works out almost the same as buying from coles. I had a Body trim ultra low carb bar (chocolate fudge crisp) today for the first time and it is rubbish, I won't be buying them again, and don't know how I'll get through the other 11 in the box! I think you're supposed to aim for 5 or less grams of carbs per 100g, and at least 30g of protein. That's pretty tricky, I'm getting close to 5g (usually around 6) in what I can find from mr vitamins and coles and the gym junkie shop near work. I don't have my book here at work so I can't check, and I can't remember if it was on here I read that or elsewhere.

I don't generally have any carbs with breakfast - I don't like bread so toast is out, and I find that two eggs, or one egg and 50g meat is enough for me. My partner has toast every morning and is doing really well, maybe my lack of carbs in the morning is a problem, I'm not sure. I have been having a coffee with my morning snack, so maybe I'm getting some carb love then.

A Forum thread I found very useful when I started was BodyTrim in a nutshell It has a list of things that you can have (proteins and veggies) as well as the things you should limit to only a couple of times a week. I used that thread as the basis for my diet in the first week before I bought the BT books. There is a second post in that thread, with more information, so don't just read the first post.

Regarding fruit, you can have some with breakfast on weight loss days instead of toast, but on the DVD Jeff does say that some are better than others, like berries were better than bananas.

I haven't written in my diary for a while, I'm going to go do that now.
      [Blocked Image: http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/1100/7738/11007738.png]

[SIZE="1"]Started Body Trim 13th August @ 84.4kg
      Week 10 : 77.8kg
      My Diary
      [/SIZE]

The post was edited 1 time, last by kazrina ().

Hi Guys, sorry I haven't been around much this week - busy busy busy : ) But on the bright side I have managed to stick to BT for my 2nd week and have lost another 1.6 kilos!!!! I am ecstatic as we went a little overboard on treat day last week so I was curious to see how I would go. That's a total of 6 kilos in two weeks, very very happy :)
      I hope everyone else is doing well. Am now off to the gym and then heading to the shops to purchase my treats for today.
      nik

Hey everyone, an old body trimmer returning here. Wanted to know how everyone is going, hopefully getting some results.

My first year of uni is nearly over and i have put on a little bit of weight, about 8kg. Thats college food for you. Im pretty excited to get home and start dieting again.

Hopefully catch up with everyone as time goes on

- Justin

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wUUnj9b/weight.png]

Goals

79kg by November 1
      77kg by November 15
      75kg or under by December 15

kooljus1992 wrote:

Hey everyone, an old body trimmer returning here. Wanted to know how everyone is going, hopefully getting some results.

My first year of uni is nearly over and i have put on a little bit of weight, about 8kg. Thats college food for you. Im pretty excited to get home and start dieting again.

Hopefully catch up with everyone as time goes on

- Justin

hey justin!
      i've been reading your other posts from last year on the original thread and dude, you really are an inspiration! you'll lose that 8kg in no time! what are you studying at uni?

Hi Guys,

I'm new to Body Trim, I am on day two of the PO detox and am doing really well...full all day, although I did salivate over a packet of buscuits at the supermarket earlier ;)

Just a few questions, although I've been scouring this site for a few days now and should have it all down pat...but

Can I have low fat cottage cheese or ricotta with (or without) suger free maple syrup in the PO detox stage?

I am assuming my free day is on Sunday? BUT, I am going to a ball on Saturday night so thought I would have a free day on Saturday instead? Or just a free dinner/drinks on Saturday night and a free lunch/dinner on Sunday?

Also, what do you eat on your free day? I've read that it has adverse affects on some people and that they end up putting on the kilo's that they lost in the previous week then it takes all the next week to take off...vicious circle :confused: Can you drink alcohol? How much? Bearing in mind that this is my one night off without the kids, just me and hubby letting our hair down :D

Lastly (I promise), what is Bodytrim Plus and how is it different to Body Trim? Someone posted it has less meat?

Thanks so much for any replies, I really appreciate it.

P.s: I love this site!

Im studying a bachelor of arts/bachelor of teaching. So i want to be a secondary teacher :)

I know, i really can't wait until my uni holidays which are 3 months long. Im motivated to lose the 8+kg i put on and more.

[Blocked Image:

Goals

79kg by November 1
      77kg by November 15

So im on my 2nd week of BT, im so happy! i've lost 4.1kg in that time :D:D:D! far better than the first time round when i lost only 1.5 after the detox. I have cut out the hams and bacon (oh how i miss bacon) and also those sugar free lollies. some one here a while ago was saying that the body can have an insulin response to it and treat it like real sugar. drats! im thinking of having my free day on saturday night till sunday arvo, as its my 21st birthday on sat we will be drinking a fair bit and i have a big family lunch my mum has organised at a buffet so i dont want to miss out. So i may do a day and a half of po after that weekend hehe :)

how is everyone else going?

Justin - that sounds really interesting! good luckm and three months off, woo hoo!

Briony - those things look quite interesting. i've never seen them before, they look BT compliant to me, maybe someone else might know???

;) Mel

Thats fantastic.

I just hopped on the scales yesterday and was annoyed to see 98kg. Thats about 10kg from my lowest point at the start of the year. Bloody college food.

The first thing I'm doing when i get home in a month for my holiday is go and restart my ymca gym membership and start body trim. Ill need to talk to my family also because we all want to go on a diet and i need to make sure i can rely on them not to sabotage me haha.

[Blocked Image:

Goals

79kg by November 1
      77kg by November 15

Briony wrote:

Has anyone ever heard of/tried these?

cudo.com.au/nationwide-offers/…hakes-and-#terms_of_offer

Here's a link to their nutritional guide - would it be BT friendly?

1300dietmeals.com/nutritional-information-diet

They would be ok to have occasionally but keep in mind they're not real food and real food is always best so I would save them for when you're in a pinch.