Side effects: awesome!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Side effects: awesome!!

I don't call them side effects, I call them benefits. For me, it was losing my 2-3 times migraines - because Atkins, back in 2005, showed me I was very gluten intolerant (dr then said maybe coeliac, but I did not want to have the invasive biopsy test to find out, I just eat as if I am). And I also lost my bloating, a painful tum after a meal, dermatitis, brittle nails, aching joints & agonisingly painful feet in the mornings when I got out of bed.

But for me the one that stands out here is Deena being able to not have to inject herself 4 times a day. Makes everything else pale into insignificance, to me. What an absolutely fantastic benefit - I can only imagine how free you must feel now.
      Odille -
      following Primal Lifestyle

Low fat is so last century!
    • Re: Side effects: awesome!!

It is amazing to read all about the good effects of eating LC!

I was having so much trouble for over 8 months I would be bloated and my stomoch would go hard and stick right out. I tried not eating this and that but in the end I was eating pretty much nothing but still in agony.

I saw GYN for some girly drams and he suggested I start taking fibergel 3 times a day. I did this at the same time I started BT and I noticed a change on day one!

I have just had a month back on the carb train ... but thankfully jumoed back off and getting back into the LC WOL.

I think I am leaning more towards Atkins now after doing BT for a few months.

I have also noticed less headaches but still get the big black mostache and a few random thick black ones on my girls.

Tomorrow officially Day 1 on Atkins :)

Good "Side effects" bring them on!
      "Today I take 100% Responsibility for My Life! I control my actions, thoughts, reactions and feelings."

>><> the incredible shrinking Cherie