Nutty Fudge Bars

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Nutty Fudge Bars

Ingredients:
      2 1/3 cups vanilla protein powder
      1 oz square unsweetened chocolate
      1/2 cup butter
      4 oz cream cheese
      1 oz chopped walnuts
      1 teaspoon vanilla
      1 teaspoon peanut butter
      1/4 cup Splenda

Melt butter, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate in bowl in microwave and mix together very well. Add splenda and vanilla, mix well again. Now add walnuts and protein powder and mix. It will be difficult and messy to mix, you will have to use your hands near the end to knead it all together, squeezing so that the powder disolves into the mixture. Now place in a baking pan, flatten and refrigerate. (Using a rectangular casserole dish works great here.) When cooled and hardened, cut into 8 bars.

Makes 8 bars. Approx 3.2 carbs per bar.
    • Re: Nutty Fudge Bars

Hi Tugga

I don't know if you're still around, but just wanted to say thanks for this recipe. I just made it tonight, and although I haven't had a complete bar, the lickings of the mixing spoon taste great!

Might use half the butter next time though - there seemed to be too much and it was coming to the surface as I flattened the mix out in it's pan. And I am a bit concerned about the calorie content of so much butter, even if the recipe is LC. But it certainly works out cheaper than the $3 I'm paying for Atkins bars - I work out these bars come out at about $1.25 each.

Thanks again.