Bodytrim 3 day Protein Only Detox -Help!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Bodytrim 3 day Protein Only Detox -Help!

Welcome Joy! :)

You might find this thread helpful, there's another really good post in that thread a few posts down: Bodytrim in a nut shell

Also in the first post of Bodytrim Diet 2 thread which you will see in the same section of the forums, you will find some links in the first post to other useful threads.

Good luck
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

on day 2 of my carb detox. my husband is doing it aswell. i'm managing ok, but he is really really struggling. can anyone help me out. with the whole eat 3 mains and 3 snacks, how does that allow you to eat every hour? do you halve your meal sizes to incorporate that or what? the books doesn't discuss it and neither do the dvds! he has never been so hungry and is really tired (plus he works a labour intensive job). i have to keep him motivated as it is him who is really overweight and needs to do this for his health (we also have twins - 2 year olds).
      any ideas and suggestions would be great.

Hiya

My partner was the same... I think that for men you have 150g each meal and then 50g each snack... you can have a snack up to every hour.. we just made sure that he had the 50g and then waited an hour before the next snack even if he had to do that all day. After the detox you lose your appetite pretty quickly so it is much easier!

Also, although not BT compliant strictly when in detox I sometimes have a bit of fat eg lamb chop and eat the fat as that seems to help me stay full!

good luck h

You can definitely eat a protein snack up to every hour if need be, you don't have to just stick to the three meals and three snacks per day. So I would suggest that your husband eats a 100g protein snack every hour outside of his three 150g protein meals. I would also suggest using fattier meats as fat helps to keep you satisfied and will ensure he is getting enough calories to prevent going into starvation mode. I totally ignore the BT recommendation to keep everything low-fat as I believe it is wrong. If you do a bit of research you will find that low-carb diets needs to be high in fat to be healthy. Low-carb and low-fat together is not a good thing.

Kapay wrote:

So glad you were able to stick at it. Yes fuzzy head is a common side effect of carb detox. I remember being hungry as well but as Sixtyeight says you can eat every hour if you need to.

Even now sometimes I have something every hour if I need to on PO days after free day. Its ok to eat when your are hungry just dont eat carbs. Its hard sometimes because the things I used to reach for for a quick fix was all carbs - biscuits, crackers, muffins, cakes. So its been a thinking game to now reach for an egg or some cold meat or nuts.

But dont veggies taste great now :D:D

so you can eat every hour on POOR days? is that 59g per hour or do you have to half that?

LisaNZ wrote:

so you can eat every hour on POOR days? is that 59g per hour or do you have to half that?

Ok, let's interpret that :)

On Protein Only days, you eat only protein ... for women, that's 100g of protein food at meal times, and 50-100g of protein food as snacks between.

Snacks MUST be at least 3 hours after eating, but can be up to an hour after your last meal/snack if you're hungry. That's an hour after you last FINISHED eating, so if you started a snack at 10am, finished it at say 10:10am, you would be allowed your next snack as early as 11:10am, but you MUST eat again before 1:10pm.

Does that make sense?

And yes, a protein snack can be up to 100g, but should be a minimum of 50g. Most people forget that, and only go the 50g.

I hope that helps.

Morte wrote:

Ok, let's interpret that :)

On Protein Only days, you eat only protein ... for women, that's 100g of protein food at meal times, and 50-100g of protein food as snacks between.

Snacks MUST be at least 3 hours after eating, but can be up to an hour after your last meal/snack if you're hungry. That's an hour after you last FINISHED eating, so if you started a snack at 10am, finished it at say 10:10am, you would be allowed your next snack as early as 11:10am, but you MUST eat again before 1:10pm.

Does that make sense?

And yes, a protein snack can be up to 100g, but should be a minimum of 50g. Most people forget that, and only go the 50g

thank you for clearing that up. im read the book that said snack were only 50g for woman.
      I hope that helps.