Can we eat corned beef?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Can we eat corned beef?

My husband just bought a huge cornedbeef and you are supposed to cook it in the bag.when I read the ingredients it mentions sugar which I think is in the meat as it looks like no sauce. In the nutrition facts says carbs and sugar only 1gr per 100gr. Is that ok for meals and snacks?
      Also I had a hot flax cereal made with 1tbs phsillium 2tbs flaxmeal little splenda and little cream, but then I saw the carbs of my phsillium made here and said carbs 4.2 sugar 0.1 dietary fiber 4.1, since I'm supposed to not deduct the fiber from brands made in autralia, how much I count for 1tbs?
      I'm on my 3rd day of induction. Thanks
    • Re: Can we eat corned beef?

Yes you can have corned beef, the only issue with it really is temporary fluid gain from salt. I don't know about cooking it in the bag. What I would do is give it a soak in cold water, rinse it then cook it the old fashioned way.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • hi girls wanted to ask a question my weight has gone up again another kilo only thing i had extra yesterday was the jelly lite with the protein powder and cottage cheese?
      just starting up on fit day to see if i can keep acountable .
      most of my stuff im putting in like breakfast whichis always 2x eggs 1 multi toast mushrooms onions and capsicum seems really good..
      snacks are always 50gm meat as in silverside or ham or processed chicken.

lunch is usually tuna with frozen beans capsicum and a bit of onion with some salmon dip mixed in that didnt seem to go over

but when im trying to work out the recipe i got off bt for this jelly stuff soon as i put jelly lite or dieturetic into fit day it says something like 28gm carbs for 50gms which is supposed to be a square..am i reading that wrong maybe its the jelly slowing me up ? any ideas ..
      ive paid for bodytrim been doing it now for 4 weeks and only lost 2 kilo. going to write to them as i the advert says if you dont lose 5 kilo in the first week its free. .

Sugar free jelly will be pretty much 0 carbs, are you due for TOM (time of month)? how close was your free day?
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

hi thanks for that i actually went to a friends place last night and she invited me to stay for tea. of course im like ohh depends what were having im on a program lol
      so she said lets do some salad and tuna can you have that ..

we had mixed lettuce with rocket, cucumber diced , onion and little tomatoe then we had some feta which ive never had before this was lovely we had our tuna and some whole egg mayonaise also yum and then i had some stuffed olives ohh my were they yummy stuffed with capsicum .. so today i went and bought some.
      i got up this morning and id dropped another kilo so now im at 133.5
      felt pretty good about that..
      wanted to ask girls i spotted my favorite in the shops again today PATE i read the label and its very very low in carb so is that okay? i buy tinned corned beef too and that has less than 1gm carb ..
      bought some of that hmm whats it called its in the shape of horseshoe lol some sort of meat processed .. that also said less than 2 carbs
      whats the basic rule for this 5carb per 100gm is that what it has to be ?

cruizin wrote:

hi thanks for that i actually went to a friends place last night and she invited me to stay for tea. of course im like ohh depends what were having im on a program lol
      so she said lets do some salad and tuna can you have that ..

we had mixed lettuce with rocket, cucumber diced , onion and little tomatoe then we had some feta which ive never had before this was lovely we had our tuna and some whole egg mayonaise also yum and then i had some stuffed olives ohh my were they yummy stuffed with capsicum .. so today i went and bought some.
      i got up this morning and id dropped another kilo so now im at 133.5
      felt pretty good about that..
      wanted to ask girls i spotted my favorite in the shops again today PATE i read the label and its very very low in carb so is that okay? i buy tinned corned beef too and that has less than 1gm carb ..
      bought some of that hmm whats it called its in the shape of horseshoe lol some sort of meat processed .. that also said less than 2 carbs
      whats the basic rule for this 5carb per 100gm is that what it has to be ?

Hi Cruzin

its 10g carbs per 100gs. There is also on for fat or suger not too sure which one but thats 5g per 100g
      :)[COLOR="Plum"]THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCESS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER[/COLOR]:)