Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

Thanks Rangitamoe,

It seems these days its all about money making! When i originally did atkins all i paid for was a $16.99 book! It is handy to refer back to it and im sure i will as i go down the LC route again but like others, the fat content was an issue for me as greasy bacon and lots of cheesy eggs made me pretty lethargic. By the looks of these posts on this site and others like it, BT seems like a similar but more "healthy alternative".

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wkTx8HO/weight.png]

soonsvelte wrote:

Back on day 1 of the 3 day protein hit.

I've lost all of my DVDs and books. :mad:

Can someone confirm for me how much protein (in grams) your meals and snacks should be? Is it 100 or 150?

I've bought scales this time and want to do it properly.

Hi soonsvelte

For females protein meals are 100grans & snacks are 50 grams.

Good luck !!
      :)[COLOR="Plum"]THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCESS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER[/COLOR]:)

hey alannah i know exactly how you feel!! My p.o days are HORRIBLE-- i feel like i am in a carbohydrate coma--which indicates to me i made very poor choices on the free day... i feel lethargic and flat all day and i really have to force myself to exercise, eat my snacks and drink my water--the whole process is a real effort!!

How have you gone with the camping planning? I too am going away over easter and not to sure how i'm going to approach it other than a lot of eggs on the bbq and tinned tuna i guess... :S all the while easter eggs will be the going food currency--- woe is us! LOL
      [COLOR="Purple"]:cool:I am a nutritional over-achiever! :cool:

:cool:I am NOT overweight, I am underheight! :cool:[/COLOR][FONT="Lucida Console"][/FONT]

[Blocked Image: http://swlf.lilyslim.com/9LPXp10.png]

Haha lolly I'm so glad someone feels my pain! Every Sunday for me is exactly as you said! :rolleyes:

Camping planning is going to be very very difficult, I can imagine the beers and drinks around the camp fire at night and me being the only sober person! Not to mention missing out on roasted marshmellows and the easter egg hunt and binge! There will be bbq which is good - lots of meat however I can count of fatty sausages most nights :( I'm a bit scared of being the odd one out eating tuna while everyones digging in on maccas and I don't know how I will manage snacks and stuff! So basically I'm freaking out!:eek: Haha! Hope all easter plans go good for you!! Where you heading to?

good morning everyone!!!
      weighed in today and im back to 82!!!:D couldnt be happier (this is the weight i was when i stopped bt a couple of weeks ago) so im hoping i can get back into the 70's by late next week....
      congrats to everyone you all seem to be doing really well, keep up the good work;)
      [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Indigo"]There are two types of pain; The pain of discipline and The pain of regret![/COLOR][/FONT]
      [Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wNFM9VA/weight.png]

Hi all!
      Just needing a bit of a pep talk and some help
      I'm 3/4 way through day 2 detox and just feeling quite ill to be honest - çan't seem to face another bit of meat or egg - are there any ideas for pushing through it and meal alternatives (not meat or eggs lol)
      Thanks heaps in advance

Im a second time around bodytrimmer. First time around i went from 112kg down to 87kg, so 25kg. And that was within 3 months (really fast i know) now i am back up to 95kg so am back to lose that and hopefully a little more.

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wUUnj9b/weight.png]

Goals

79kg by November 1
      77kg by November 15
      75kg or under by December 15

Definition of irony:
      Being on BT and winning first prize in your work Easter Raffle......5kg worth of Easter Eggs!!!!!
      OH THE HUMANITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess the wife and in-laws will enjoy.....

pumey wrote:

good morning everyone!!!
      weighed in today and im back to 82!!!:D couldnt be happier (this is the weight i was when i stopped bt a couple of weeks ago) so im hoping i can get back into the 70's by late next week....
      congrats to everyone you all seem to be doing really well, keep up the good work;)

Awesome news Pumey !!! I knoew you'd get back on track :)

jade2011 wrote:

Hi all!
      I'm 3/4 way through day 2 detox and just feeling quite ill to be honest - çan't seem to face another bit of meat or egg - are there any ideas for pushing through it and meal alternatives (not meat or eggs lol)
      Thanks heaps in advance

hi jade i have found if i keep busy the detox isnt so bad (on my day 2 i cleaned out my linen press!!) as for food maybe some protein bars? the 3 day detox is the hardest part, once you can have veg and a morning carb it wont seem so bad you will be able to mix it up a bit and have "normal" food, keep at it good luck!!:D
      [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Indigo"]There are two types of pain; The pain of discipline and The pain of regret![/COLOR][/FONT]
      [Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wNFM9VA/weight.png]

rangitamoe wrote:

Definition of irony:
      Being on BT and winning first prize in your work Easter Raffle......5kg worth of Easter Eggs!!!!!
      OH THE HUMANITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess the wife and in-laws will enjoy.....

I know how you feel rangitamoe i won $100 worth of easter eggs in a raffle......& i got the call to say i'd won an hour after coming back from buying all my easter eggs for the fam!!!!!

jade2011 wrote:

Hi all!
      Thanks heaps in advance

Dont give up Jade! I felt exactly the same but shear determination pushed me along. I actually felt ill for the 1st week but after that its all systems go :) Have you tried deli meats? i find them lighter to stomach.

We are hear to help you through this tough time........just remember some of us are going through the same thing & some of us have already been there & its those that have came out on the other side that you need to look up to. My inspiration was my friend who had lost 6 kg in 9 days & my moto was if she could do it then i can too & knowing that you can actually get results keep me pushing on

Thank you so much pumey and suzie - its so nice to know i'm not alone :)
      i am feeling better today and will try some of those suggestions :)
      Wow suzie 6kg in 9 days that is inspiring hey!! we can do it! :)
      just wondering with regards to the protein bars - are the atkins ones ok? and do we have to check for a particular carb measurement with them?
      also i'm finding it during the week impossible to do my 10000 steps or even my walk as i have a high level workload and often don't even get to stop for lunch - i'm hoping to do my walk over the long weekend for sure... will the lack of walking hinder my results you think?
      Many thanks ;)

jade2011 wrote:

Thank you so much pumey and suzie - its so nice to know i'm not alone :)
      i am feeling better today and will try some of those suggestions :)
      Wow suzie 6kg in 9 days that is inspiring hey!! we can do it! :)
      just wondering with regards to the protein bars - are the atkins ones ok? and do we have to check for a particular carb measurement with them?
      also i'm finding it during the week impossible to do my 10000 steps or even my walk as i have a high level workload and often don't even get to stop for lunch - i'm hoping to do my walk over the long weekend for sure... will the lack of walking hinder my results you think?
      Many thanks ;)

I have read just recently that yes atkins bars are ok but only 1 a day. The carb content you need to look for is 10g per 100g.

I also find it difficult to walk 10,000 steps per day so i opt to do some time on my rower at home but before i decided to use the rower i do think that not doing the walking does stall the results. I think that the 10,000 steps are very vital. Have you thought about buying a skipping rope? i am thinking of buying one lol, i know its not walking but skipping is great cardio, aslong as its not strenuos exercise anything is better than nothing.

I've never tried jerky! I might have to pick some up tonight! Thanks!

So for an update.. I'm officially in the 70s! 79.4kg to be exact! I'm so happy! however I experinced what it was like to spiral back, today I went to the newsagency to buy chewing gum and fruit tingles were on special, well I've consumed almost 1.5 packets of fruit tingles (which were meant to be for my free day) ekkk tbh I didn't even notice I was eating them :S

Hopefully not too much damage was done! :)

pumey wrote:

alanna, have you considered taking some jerky with you camping for snacks?
      i love it!! good luck..:)