Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      Suzie wrote:

      Ok people i need help

      I have been having the odd coffee & have tried splenda & its discusting......whats can i use thats the closest tasting to normal white sugar & doesnt leave a horrbile after taste. Really would 1 teaspoon of sugar per day hurt?:rolleyes:



      Hey Suzie,
      I have tried two different natural sweeteners.
      The first (and in my opinion the best) is a product called Natvia (or Nativa, I always forget which) which can be bought at any major supermarket. It is a blend of stevia & erythritol (both natural). A slight word of warning that stevia does tend to have a slightly bitter taste, but it really isn't that bad, and you get used to it very quickly. For me, 1 tsp of Natvia is the same as 2 tsp of sugar in sweetness.

      The other alternative is Xylitol, which can be bought at any health food shop. It has none of the bitterness, but I found it a little weak compared to actual sugar. I found I was still needing 2 tsps of Xylitol to get my tea/coffee tasting how I like it. Then again I prefer a sweet cup of tea/coffee.

      Both are definitely worth having a try of at the very least :)

      Jason.
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      rangitamoe wrote:

      Hey Suzie,
      I have tried two different natural sweeteners.
      The first (and in my opinion the best) is a product called Natvia (or Nativa, I always forget which) which can be bought at any major supermarket. It is a blend of stevia & erythritol (both natural). A slight word of warning that stevia does tend to have a slightly bitter taste, but it really isn't that bad, and you get used to it very quickly. For me, 1 tsp of Natvia is the same as 2 tsp of sugar in sweetness.

      The other alternative is Xylitol, which can be bought at any health food shop. It has none of the bitterness, but I found it a little weak compared to actual sugar. I found I was still needing 2 tsps of Xylitol to get my tea/coffee tasting how I like it. Then again I prefer a sweet cup of tea/coffee.

      Both are definitely worth having a try of at the very least :)

      Jason.


      Thanks Jason

      I too like you need 2 tsps of sugar in my coffee! Is it a bad thing that you still have to use 2tsps of the xylitol? I have tried splenda but its gross!
      :)[COLOR="Plum"]THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCESS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER[/COLOR]:)
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      CSR Smart is a natural alternative to traditional sweeteners. It is a unique blend of natural sugar cane with a pinch of Stevia, which is a high intensity natural sweetener extracted from the leaves of the Stevia Rebaudiana plant.

      CSR Smart is part of the CSR better for you range. It is twice as sweet as regular sugar, so you use half as much, so half the calories, this makes CSR Smart the smarter, better for you option.

      CSR Smart is available as both a white sugar blend, and fine raw sugar blend. Ideal for all your sweetening needs.

      :D
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      alannathatsme wrote:

      CSR Smart is a natural alternative to traditional sweeteners. It is a unique blend of natural sugar cane with a pinch of Stevia, which is a high intensity natural sweetener extracted from the leaves of the Stevia Rebaudiana plant.

      CSR Smart is part of the CSR better for you range. It is twice as sweet as regular sugar, so you use half as much, so half the calories, this makes CSR Smart the smarter, better for you option.

      CSR Smart is available as both a white sugar blend, and fine raw sugar blend. Ideal for all your sweetening needs.

      :D


      Thanks Alanna

      Is this what you use? Sounds like it could be the way i go but still unsure....i just lurveeeeeee sugar in coffee.
      :)[COLOR="Plum"]THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCESS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER[/COLOR]:)
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      alannathatsme wrote:

      I use the white!

      Hey, hope you don't mind me asking but how long did it take you to loose all your weight! Just noticed we were about the same starting and have the same goal :)


      I hate to burst your bubble Alana but I just had a look at the Nutritional information for that CSR Smart, and it's loaded with carbohydrates (99g per 100g). I don't think that would fit into the BT regimen.
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      alannathatsme wrote:

      I use the white!

      Hey, hope you don't mind me asking but how long did it take you to loose all your weight! Just noticed we were about the same starting and have the same goal :)


      I started on Frid 25 Feb 2011 went til my 1st free day Frid 4 Mar 2011 then from there the wheels fell of. I then started again on the 16th March with just 1 PO & have been going strong ever since. You could say 10 weeks. My last weigh in was last sunday & i was 65.7 but my scales are broken so i have to go buy a new pair b4 this sunday & am hoping to be 65 or less.
      :)[COLOR="Plum"]THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCESS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER[/COLOR]:)
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      rangitamoe wrote:

      I hate to burst your bubble Alana but I just had a look at the Nutritional information for that CSR Smart, and it's loaded with carbohydrates (99g per 100g). I don't think that would fit into the BT regimen.


      thanks for that Jas
      :)[COLOR="Plum"]THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCESS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER[/COLOR]:)
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      alannathatsme wrote:

      That's great! :D and super fast! Congratulations

      The point with the sugar is if you have to have sugar (don't like sweetners) then you can use that one and only put in half the amount, which is ultimatly better.


      Fair point Alanna.
      It's better than sugar on it's own, and if you are only having a small amount it would possibly be ok but my way of thinking would be that it would potentilly stall the weight loss. To each his/her own I say :)

      Jason.
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      Suzie wrote:

      thanks for that Jas


      No worries :)

      I can tell you that Natvia and Xylitol have less than 1g of carbs, saturated fats, sugars and only about 5mg sodium per 100g which is why I prefer them.

      Alas all they have here at work is Equal, which is ok in doses but I might start bringing some Natvia from home.
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      CONGRATULATIONS SUZIE~~
      I just really want to commend your efforts because i feel like i have been on BT for 3months, and i've only lost 7-8kgs total~~ it's killing me! I too am aiming for 67 to 65 range, but weeks like this, i think i am truly happier not caring what i weigh at all!!
      Such effort!!
      [COLOR="Purple"]:cool:I am a nutritional over-achiever! :cool:

      :cool:I am NOT overweight, I am underheight! :cool:[/COLOR][FONT="Lucida Console"][/FONT]

      [Blocked Image: http://swlf.lilyslim.com/9LPXp10.png]
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      well done everyone!!!
      i havent had any weight loss from my po days either:confused::confused: maybe next week?
      [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Indigo"]There are two types of pain; The pain of discipline and The pain of regret![/COLOR][/FONT]
      [Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wNFM9VA/weight.png]
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      lollyponpon wrote:

      CONGRATULATIONS SUZIE~~
      I just really want to commend your efforts because i feel like i have been on BT for 3months, and i've only lost 7-8kgs total~~ it's killing me! I too am aiming for 67 to 65 range, but weeks like this, i think i am truly happier not caring what i weigh at all!!
      Such effort!!


      Thanks Lollyponpon

      You should be happy. As you said not having to carry 7-8kgs is still a great loss. At least your've taken the right step toward making it happen. Look at others around you still consuming all the rubbish foods etc. I ws quiet surprised wtih my loss aswell. BT really is working well for me. Although my scales have been broken for 3 days now & its killing me. Got a new car yesterday & went out for dinnner...not my free day til sunday & i am feeling a little frumpy ATM. I know i have put on a few kgs i can feel it.
      :)[COLOR="Plum"]THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCESS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER[/COLOR]:)
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      name--------start date -----start weight------current weight----lost----------last updated
      Puamonxi------21st March-------94.1kg--------89.7kg-----------4.4kg
      PUMEY--------19th march--------86 kgs-------84kgs------------2kgs
      Dubetu--------19 March ---------114kg ------111kg ------------3kg
      Lisamacdaddy---15 march-------95.7kg-------91.7------------4 kg
      Suzie----------13 March--------79kgs------65.7kgs-------13.3kgs---15/05/2011
      Lollyponpon-----21st March---------88.9kgs------80.7-------8.2kg----15/5/11
      Rangitamoe----21st March-------101.4kg------88.2kg----------13.2kg----14/05/2011
      aristess-------18th March------109.8-----------99.6---------10.2kg
      Mish13--------9th January------69.9kg----------60kg--------9.9k
      kate-rose-----16th May---------67.2kg----------??-----------??-------16/5/11
      ChicitaGatita--11th April---------70.0kg----------?--------------?
      Jenk-----------4th May---------85.0kg--------83.3kg-------1.7kg------10/05/11
      dds------------9th May--------117.7kg-------113.9kg----------4.8kg------21/05/11


      Well it's not my second official weigh in and I've only lost another 1 kg this week. Followed the plan all week although I did have a couple of protein bars. I was really conservative with my free day last week so this week I'm going to be less conservative and hopefully I'll get the advantage of the zig zag effect. I will not go berserk but have a bit more of the treats, oh and I'm going to do it today too! Woohoo!

      I've decided that no matter what my scales say I'm going to continue following the plan...........i figure that there are too many people who've had success it's got to work for me too.

      Debbie
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      Just keep going with it. 1 spring roll isnt going to make alot of difference. Most important thing is that you acknowledged that you slipped and are ready to fix it. Im on bodytrim and My parents are burmese, therefore lots of rice and curries etc....sometimes mum will ask me to try something with the rice, I have a mouthful and thats it. A tiny bit here and there wont make any difference, Im still losing weight.:D
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      I am completely and utterly 100% a self sabbotager... :(
      Went to the rodeo tonight for my PO day. Have been so good all day- turning down cakes, chocolate, maccas, jelly beans, sausage sandwiches. So what do I do? Decide oh what the hell, I will have a SECOND free day and eat ice cream, fairy floss, chips and coke :( I feel like a complete failure and that I am just going to be fat forever now.




      What do I do?
      Continue the BT plan tomorrow or start fresh on monday?


      I am ridiculous... :(