Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      Welcome Bubba Lou,

      You will be surprised how fast the time goes (sort of). I am still a newbie so time will be my best test.

      Best of luck with the new program. I am only 2 weeks in and I am completely surprised how I dont "crave" sweet food anymore. I still want to eat the foods that are not so BT compliant but not like I did before I started. For me it is all about won't power not will power.....ie I wont have that piece of cake that is calling to me.

      The best advice I think I have taken from this forum is be prepared - temptation is not such a problem if you have the proper meals available when they need to be.

      I look forward to hearing about your progress.
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      Question: protein powder and protein bars

      Can anyone tell me what "1 scoop" is equivalent to in regards to protein powders? It is often mentioned in recipes but the protein powder I use does not come with a scoop. Is it a tablespoon or 20gms or 10gms???? HELP! I have been trying to have porridge with vanilla protein powder for breakfast but not sure how much to add.

      Plus does anyone know if eating a whole protein bar (50gms) is OK for a snack or are you better off halving it. I am having trouble getting my head around the calorie value of the bars and I find it hard to believe we are allowed to eat an entire bar for a snack as they are really yummy??? Unfortunately the calories get me everytime. Don't even start me thinking about being able to use real cream ha ha ha! Old habits die hard!!! :eek:

      Thanks
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      thanks for the encouragement guys!!
      I weighed myself this morning (i'm an everyday weigh-er and then take my stats on morning of free day) and i was 80.9.... only 200gms off that elusive 80.7 which was the lowest i have EVER been since i can remember as an "adult"... before that i was like 68-72 in yr10-11... and then NO IDEA!!
      anyway best of luck lads and ladies...let's keep it up!
      And i love the "won't power" idea!! it has taken me AGES to figure it out, but WHY should i eat carb/sugar loaded crap that does NOTHING to contribute to my WOL..other than slow me down and make my efforts wasted!!

      Lolly x
      [COLOR="Purple"]:cool:I am a nutritional over-achiever! :cool:

      :cool:I am NOT overweight, I am underheight! :cool:[/COLOR][FONT="Lucida Console"][/FONT]

      [Blocked Image: http://swlf.lilyslim.com/9LPXp10.png]
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      charliam wrote:

      Question: protein powder and protein bars

      Can anyone tell me what "1 scoop" is equivalent to in regards to protein powders? It is often mentioned in recipes but the protein powder I use does not come with a scoop. Is it a tablespoon or 20gms or 10gms???? HELP! I have been trying to have porridge with vanilla protein powder for breakfast but not sure how much to add.

      Plus does anyone know if eating a whole protein bar (50gms) is OK for a snack or are you better off halving it. I am having trouble getting my head around the calorie value of the bars and I find it hard to believe we are allowed to eat an entire bar for a snack as they are really yummy??? Unfortunately the calories get me everytime. Don't even start me thinking about being able to use real cream ha ha ha! Old habits die hard!!! :eek:

      Thanks


      A scoop is generally between 30-40g, depending on what brand of protein powder you are using. But since yours doesn't come with a scoop, you will need to weigh yours out to whatever the serving size is for your particular brand (you will find this information on the pack).

      It's definitely fine to eat a 50g protein bar for a snack, as your snacks are allowed to be 50-100g. Just make sure you don't overdo the protein bars as they can slow down your weight loss if you have them too often.
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      melly845 wrote:

      A scoop is generally between 30-40g, depending on what brand of protein powder you are using. But since yours doesn't come with a scoop, you will need to weigh yours out to whatever the serving size is for your particular brand (you will find this information on the pack).

      It's definitely fine to eat a 50g protein bar for a snack, as your snacks are allowed to be 50-100g. Just make sure you don't overdo the protein bars as they can slow down your weight loss if you have them too often.


      Thank you so much for your answer it really helps. My brand says 40gm which is a huge amount of powder that is why I wasn't sure if it was the right amount.
      With the protein bars do you know why they slow down weight loss? I am finding them so much easier to take for snacks as they dont need to be refrigerated and I am out and about alot. Up until now i have been halving them as they just seems to good to be ok to eat??!! I suppose if i dont have enough protein for my snack that could possibly mess things up too - ah the questions I have! Thanks again for your help.
      Kirsty
      [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Kirsty[/SIZE][/COLOR] :rolleyes:

      [Blocked Image: http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wjbL65z/weight.png]
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      The reason that they can slow down weight loss is because they're not real food, so therefore don't have as much of a thermic effect as real food does (which means that your metabolism doesn't have to work as hard to digest them so they don't get your metabolism going like real food does). If you are out and about a lot you can keep having them, but just be aware that if your weight loss does slow down, this might be the reason. At least you can then decide to cut back on them later on if your weight loss does slow down :)
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      melly845 wrote:

      The reason that they can slow down weight loss is because they're not real food, so therefore don't have as much of a thermic effect as real food does (which means that your metabolism doesn't have to work as hard to digest them so they don't get your metabolism going like real food does). If you are out and about a lot you can keep having them, but just be aware that if your weight loss does slow down, this might be the reason. At least you can then decide to cut back on them later on if your weight loss does slow down :)


      Thanks Melly,

      All advice is greatly appreciated. Do you have any other good snack ideas?
      [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Kirsty[/SIZE][/COLOR] :rolleyes:

      [Blocked Image: http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wjbL65z/weight.png]
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      I have plenty of snack ideas, but not many that you can take with you when you're out and about (unfortunately). These are the snacks I usually stick to:

      tins of chicken
      meatballs with dipping sauce
      prawns with cocktail sauce
      skinless cocktail frankfurts
      protein bars
      BT chocolate dessert (think they are sold out at the moment though)
      home-made protein muffins
      grilled flake from fish n chip shop
      chicken kebabs
      lamb leg steaks

      Hope that helps :)
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      melly845 wrote:

      I have plenty of snack ideas, but not many that you can take with you when you're out and about (unfortunately). These are the snacks I usually stick to:

      tins of chicken
      meatballs with dipping sauce
      prawns with cocktail sauce
      skinless cocktail frankfurts
      protein bars
      BT chocolate dessert (think they are sold out at the moment though)
      home-made protein muffins
      grilled flake from fish n chip shop
      chicken kebabs
      lamb leg steaks

      Hope that helps :)


      Thanks Melly,

      I have just been to the supermarket to by some cooked frozen prawns - I love that idea. I think I may try to make some home made muffins too - off to the recipe forum for me. I even think we have cocktail frankfurts in the fidge (now that is easy). :D

      Kirsty
      [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Kirsty[/SIZE][/COLOR] :rolleyes:

      [Blocked Image: http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wjbL65z/weight.png]
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      You're welcome :) I buy my prawns from Coles, they are John West brand (cooked and fresh) and they come with the cocktail sauce which is really yummy.

      The muffin recipes are on the BT forum, in the Member Recipes section (there is a chocolate fudge flavour and a vanilla and apricot flavour).
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      name-------start date ----start weight---current weight--lost--last updated
      Puamonxi-----21st March----94.1kg--------89.7kg---------4.4kg
      PUMEY-------19th march----86 kgs---------84kgs---------2kgs
      Dubetu--------19 March -----114kg ---------111kg --------3kg
      Lisamacdaddy--15 march-----95.7kg---------91.7kg--------4 kg
      Suzie----------13 March------79kgs---------62.5kgs------16.5kgs--10/07/11
      Lollyponpon----21st March----88.9kgs--------80.7kg--------8.2kg---15/5/11
      Rangitamoe----21st March----101.4kg--------82.4kg--------19.0kg---09/07/11
      aristess-------18th March-----109.8---------99.6kg---------10.2kg
      Mish13--------9th January-----69.9kg--------60kg----------9.9k
      kate-rose-----16th May-------67.2kg----------??-----------??------16/5/11
      ChicitaGatita--11th April-------70.0kg----------?------------?
      Jenk----------4th May-------85.0kg---------83.3kg-------1.7kg---10/05/11
      dds-----------9th May-------117.7kg--------107.1Kg------10.6kg------16/07/11
      Rach99--------29th May------77.0kg-----------?-------------?
      Alexgeo-------30th May ------62.6kg----------60.8---------1.8-----5.06.11
      Fay-----------30th May-------84.5kg---------81.5Kg---------3kg---5/6/11
      Winnie--------30th May-------86.7kg----------?------------?
      Pommysoph---30th May-------72.2kg-----------70.6kg-----------1.6kg
      Eve11----------16th May-------84.2kg------- 80.2kg--------4kg ----8.6.11
      Charliam-------27th June-------74.6kg's-------68.5kg-----6.1kg's---8.7.11
      Jenna---------12th July--------115.6kgs------?-----------?----------


      Great week this week. Stuck to the plan and eliminated the processed stuff and replaced with real food and look at that....I'm losing again. Will learn from this and cut back on the protein bars. Going to stay in the city tonight as my birthday present was tickets to see Love Never Dies........very excited. Free day also so I'm going to be a little naughty tonight!;)
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      Well done DDS.
      Good to see you losing again. A weight loss makes you feel better for the whole day+. Enjoy tonight. :D
      PS: I think I might have to take your advice and cut out the protein bars too!!
      [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Kirsty[/SIZE][/COLOR] :rolleyes:

      [Blocked Image: http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wjbL65z/weight.png]
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      Woo Hoo, I am down another 0.9kg's which is such a surprise considering I had a big 3 day weekend last week. :D

      name-------start date ----start weight---current weight--lost--last updated
      Puamonxi-----21st March----94.1kg--------89.7kg---------4.4kg
      PUMEY-------19th march----86 kgs---------84kgs---------2kgs
      Dubetu--------19 March -----114kg ---------111kg --------3kg
      Lisamacdaddy--15 march-----95.7kg---------91.7kg--------4 kg
      Suzie----------13 March------79kgs---------62.5kgs------16.5kgs--10/07/11
      Lollyponpon----21st March----88.9kgs--------80.7kg--------8.2kg---15/5/11
      Rangitamoe----21st March----101.4kg--------82.4kg--------19.0kg---09/07/11
      aristess-------18th March-----109.8---------99.6kg---------10.2kg
      Mish13--------9th January-----69.9kg--------60kg----------9.9k
      kate-rose-----16th May-------67.2kg----------??-----------??------16/5/11
      ChicitaGatita--11th April-------70.0kg----------?------------?
      Jenk----------4th May-------85.0kg---------83.3kg-------1.7kg---10/05/11
      dds----------9th May-------117.7kg-------107.1Kg------10.6kg------16/07/11
      Rach99--------29th May------77.0kg-----------?-------------?
      Alexgeo-------30th May ------62.6kg----------60.8---------1.8-----5.06.11
      Fay-----------30th May-------84.5kg---------81.5Kg---------3kg---5/6/11
      Winnie--------30th May-------86.7kg----------?------------?
      Pommysoph---30th May-------72.2kg-----------70.6kg-----------1.6kg
      Eve11----------16th May-------84.2kg------- 80.2kg--------4kg ----8.6.11
      Charliam------27th June------ 74.6kg's------67.6kg-----7.0kg's---17.7.11
      Jenna---------12th July--------115.6kgs------?-----------?----------

      DDS how did last night go?

      GOOD LUCK to all this week.
      [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Kirsty[/SIZE][/COLOR] :rolleyes:

      [Blocked Image: http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wjbL65z/weight.png]
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      Last night was surprisingly easy....although not because I was particularly good...........we went down after we arrived to have a cocktail........which was a Long Island Iced Tea (my fav) and had some cashews with it........then we had trouble getting in to have dinner before the show so figured we'd get something after..........that didn't end up happening either. We just went back to our Hotel and I had some more cashew and some Pringles (thanks to my husband!).......and that's it. So I had naughty food but I didn't really have any dinner. I've just gotten home from the hotel and all I've had since then is coffee and a Bodytrim bar that was in my handbag so haven't really eaten much today either. I'm now thinking to have a protein only rest of the day and just go back to normal eating tomorrow.

      Isn't it funny how things just don't work out sometimes?

      The show was fantastic!!!!! Well recommend to everyone to go and see Love Never Dies.

      Debbie
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      dds wrote:

      Last night was surprisingly easy....although not because I was particularly good...........we went down after we arrived to have a cocktail........which was a Long Island Iced Tea (my fav) and had some cashews with it........then we had trouble getting in to have dinner before the show so figured we'd get something after..........that didn't end up happening either. We just went back to our Hotel and I had some more cashew and some Pringles (thanks to my husband!).......and that's it. So I had naughty food but I didn't really have any dinner. I've just gotten home from the hotel and all I've had since then is coffee and a Bodytrim bar that was in my handbag so haven't really eaten much today either. I'm now thinking to have a protein only rest of the day and just go back to normal eating tomorrow.

      Isn't it funny how things just don't work out sometimes?

      The show was fantastic!!!!! Well recommend to everyone to go and see Love Never Dies.

      Debbie


      I am glad you had a great night. You are right, often things don't go to plan.... it's funny because you wait all week to let your hair down a little and low and behold everything goes pair shaped! (well I am anyway, ha ha!!!)

      I hope you have a great week.
      [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Kirsty[/SIZE][/COLOR] :rolleyes:

      [Blocked Image: http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wjbL65z/weight.png]
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      name-------start date ----start weight---current weight--lost--last updated
      Puamonxi-----21st March----94.1kg--------89.7kg---------4.4kg
      PUMEY-------19th march----86 kgs---------84kgs---------2kgs
      Dubetu--------19 March -----114kg ---------111kg --------3kg
      Lisamacdaddy--15 march-----95.7kg---------91.7kg--------4 kg
      Suzie----------13 March------79kgs---------62.5kgs------16.5kgs--10/07/11
      Lollyponpon----21st March----88.9kgs--------80.7kg--------8.2kg---15/5/11
      Rangitamoe----21st March----101.4kg--------82.4kg--------19.0kg---09/07/11
      aristess-------18th March-----109.8---------99.6kg---------10.2kg
      Mish13--------9th January-----69.9kg--------60kg----------9.9k
      kate-rose-----16th May-------67.2kg----------??-----------??------16/5/11
      ChicitaGatita--11th April-------70.0kg----------?------------?
      Jenk----------4th May-------85.0kg---------83.3kg-------1.7kg---10/05/11
      dds----------9th May-------117.7kg-------107.1Kg------10.6kg------16/07/11
      Rach99--------29th May------77.0kg-----------?-------------?
      Alexgeo-------30th May ------62.6kg----------60.8---------1.8-----5.06.11
      Fay-----------30th May-------84.5kg---------79.5---------5kg---22/7/11
      Winnie--------30th May-------86.7kg----------?------------?
      Pommysoph---30th May-------72.2kg-----------70.6kg-----------1.6kg
      Eve11----------16th May-------84.2kg------- 80.2kg--------4kg ----8.6.11
      Charliam------27th June------ 74.6kg's------67.6kg-----7.0kg's---17.7.11
      Jenna---------12th July--------115.6kgs------?-----------?----------

      I've only started again this week after a long break. Luckily the scale dropped :) Good to see how everyone's doing!
    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      name-------start date ----start weight---current weight--lost--last updated
      Puamonxi-----21st March----94.1kg--------89.7kg---------4.4kg
      PUMEY-------19th march----86 kgs---------84kgs---------2kgs
      Dubetu--------19 March -----114kg ---------111kg --------3kg
      Lisamacdaddy--15 march-----95.7kg---------91.7kg--------4 kg
      Suzie----------13 March------79kgs---------62.5kgs------16.5kgs--10/07/11
      Lollyponpon----21st March----88.9kgs--------80.7kg--------8.2kg---15/5/11
      Rangitamoe----21st March----101.4kg--------81.8kg--------19.6kg---23/07/11
      aristess-------18th March-----109.8---------99.6kg---------10.2kg
      Mish13--------9th January-----69.9kg--------60kg----------9.9k
      kate-rose-----16th May-------67.2kg----------??-----------??------16/5/11
      ChicitaGatita--11th April-------70.0kg----------?------------?
      Jenk----------4th May-------85.0kg---------83.3kg-------1.7kg---10/05/11
      dds----------9th May-------117.7kg-------107.1Kg------10.6kg------16/07/11
      Rach99--------29th May------77.0kg-----------?-------------?
      Alexgeo-------30th May ------62.6kg----------60.8---------1.8-----5.06.11
      Fay-----------30th May-------84.5kg---------79.5---------5kg---22/7/11
      Winnie--------30th May-------86.7kg----------?------------?
      Pommysoph---30th May-------72.2kg-----------70.6kg-----------1.6kg
      Eve11----------16th May-------84.2kg------- 80.2kg--------4kg ----8.6.11
      Charliam------27th June------ 74.6kg's------67.6kg-----7.0kg's---17.7.11
      Jenna---------12th July--------115.6kgs------?-----------?----------

      Sorry for not posting. I upgraded from Win 7 32 bit to 64 bit and had a few teething issues. Well after one week where I had 2 free days due to a dinner, and after last night where I indulged a little in some chocolate & ice cream while gaming with the fellas I still managed to lose another 0.6kg ! Now under 2kg to go till I get to my first goal weight. Just this week the wife and I bought a Kinect for the XBox 360 which came with a dancing game and an exercise game so I might be able to get to that first goal a bit quicker.

      I do have a tough test though as I am now on 2 weeks annual leave while my show runs. I tend to lapse a bit more at home with the routine because there is no rigid routine like at work. Here's hoping I can maintain this losing streak a little while longer

      The post was edited 1 time, last by rangitamoe ().

    • Re: Calling All Bodytrimmers ???

      Well Done - nice to see you back Rangitamoe. Do you have a treat in mind when you get to your first goal? BTW you may have mentioned it in this thread somewhere but what is your show? Enjoy your holidays - I like to think that mine are about to start as school holidays finish next week for us!!

      I had an extra free dinner this week which I was a little worried about but like you I still managed to loose 400gms. I weighed in a day early this week as Saturday is an easier free day for me. 7.4kg's in 4 weeks is still amazing to me!

      name-------start date ----start weight---current weight--lost--last updated
      Puamonxi-----21st March----94.1kg--------89.7kg---------4.4kg
      PUMEY-------19th march----86 kgs---------84kgs---------2kgs
      Dubetu--------19 March -----114kg ---------111kg --------3kg
      Lisamacdaddy--15 march-----95.7kg---------91.7kg--------4 kg
      Suzie----------13 March------79kgs---------62.5kgs------16.5kgs--10/07/11
      Lollyponpon----21st March----88.9kgs--------80.7kg--------8.2kg---15/5/11
      Rangitamoe----21st March----101.4kg--------81.8kg--------19.6kg---23/07/11
      aristess-------18th March-----109.8---------99.6kg---------10.2kg
      Mish13--------9th January-----69.9kg--------60kg----------9.9k
      kate-rose-----16th May-------67.2kg----------??-----------??------16/5/11
      ChicitaGatita--11th April-------70.0kg----------?------------?
      Jenk----------4th May-------85.0kg---------83.3kg-------1.7kg---10/05/11
      dds----------9th May-------117.7kg-------107.1Kg------10.6kg------16/07/11
      Rach99--------29th May------77.0kg-----------?-------------?
      Alexgeo-------30th May ------62.6kg----------60.8---------1.8-----5.06.11
      Fay-----------30th May-------84.5kg---------79.5---------5kg---22/7/11
      Winnie--------30th May-------86.7kg----------?------------?
      Pommysoph---30th May-------72.2kg-----------70.6kg-----------1.6kg
      Eve11----------16th May-------84.2kg------- 80.2kg--------4kg ----8.6.11
      Charliam------27th June------ 74.6kg's------67.2kg-----7.4kg's---23.7.11
      Jenna---------12th July--------115.6kgs------?-----------?----------

      GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK EVERYONE!

      Kirsty
      [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Kirsty[/SIZE][/COLOR] :rolleyes:

      [Blocked Image: http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wjbL65z/weight.png]