Head issues with huge amounts to lose

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Head issues with huge amounts to lose

thats an excellent article!

I got through my dorta's 30th birthday dinner last night...I didnt not eat anything...I ate like I was happy and not greedy...the food was mostly healthy for me (it helps doing the cooking) and no guilt...the chocolate mouse was 100% Atkins friendly and decadent as hell...I savoured every mouthful...

It was a calculated decision...not hasty or from any guilt or emotional issue...and this morning I feel fine and on track...it's important for me to examine why when I fall off I continue the fall...

I'm confident today that all is mentally well...*fingers crossed*
      You don't need eyes to see you need vision... Maxy Jazz....Faithless

[Blocked Image: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/kg/130.3/75/107/.png] 155kilos 7/2009...I started this time 19/9/2010

Hi everyone!

I've been off BT for...hmmmm yeah around a year perhaps???...anyway, after losing 30kgs, I've gained 10 back. I got off the scales this morning and said to myself that I NEED to get back on the BT wagon ASAP!!...so here I am, reading these wonderful posts to get my head right and motivate me again :) I need to lose 40-50 kgs, and will also break em down into 5kg increments. Well done everyone. Thanks!

Firstly, I just want to say good on you for making the decision to change your life. That's a big first step. It's very easy to say "it's too hard" and "I won't be able to do it" and then not even try.

Secondly, I completely agree with what everyone has said previously. When I started on Atkins in October 2010 I mentally determined that I would like to lose 50kGs. I didn't know if it was possible but you have to start somewhere.

Like everyone has suggested, I actually set myself mini-goals of 1kGs and slightly larger goals of 5kGs. My big goal is to get under 100Kgs and then my completely super dooper goal is to lose 50kGs and be about 90kGs.

7 months later and I've lost almost 30kGs so it is possible in small increments. I'm not completely fussed about how quickly I lose it, just that I lose it. Apparently, losing slower gives your skin time to adjust to the weight loss too (although that may be a bit of a myth and other factors like age probably play a larger part). The longer you keep at it, the easier it becomes (in my experience anyway) to adjust your thoughts about food.

I'm happy that my body shape is changing but what I'm really happy about is the change in my health. My blood pressure had decreased, my type II diabetes is strictly under control and on it's way out and my risk factors for heart disease have dropped off significantly. I've kind of worked my way into a relatively neutral health pattern which is something I'm quite proud of.

If you stall, just keep what you're doing, it's likely that you body will readjust fairly soon. I stalled for a couple of weeks but just kept at it and eventually got back on the right track.

Small steps to a new, healthier you.

I wish you all the best,
      ZedP (Jamie)

that's so right...it is slower than my imagination lol...but the deal is you keep going...
      You don't need eyes to see you need vision... Maxy Jazz....Faithless

[Blocked Image: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/kg/130.3/75/107/.png] 155kilos 7/2009...I started this time 19/9/2010

I agree with the others. One day at a time, one meal at a time, one bite at a time. Every step in a healthier direction helps.

We just keep going. :)

Best wishes to all for good health and enjoying LC living. :)
      WOE: Dr. Richard Bernstein's VLC and no sweet fruits, and the 12 Steps of Archevore, per Dr. Kurt Harris' site.

Keep A Clean Food Plan through June 30th Challenge

Over 55.
      Eleven years of maintenance.