Atkins Induction

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Atkins Induction

Hi

Just started Induction today. Ive tried to have a good read but its been more of a skim so need to read up and make sure Im counting everything. &month is teething and has a cold and my 4 year old has not stopped saying mummy all day but ill try and have a good read tonight. This is what ive had today and plan for the rest is it sounding ok? I know snacks arent necessary but im a huge snavker and have lots in the day way to many usually so ive added just two snacks and will see how i go kind of make them an optional and cut them when im ready.

Breakfast
      1 and half rash of bacon and 2 eggs 0 carb

Snack
      25g Boccochini about 0.5

Lunch
      Salad with chicken and cheese plus mayo 5.5

snack
      will be some swiss cheese 1

dinner
      broccoli cauli and pumpkuin with butter 9
      lamb chop

after if needed
      jelly and 1 tbspn cream

So about 18g carbs
    • Re: Atkins Induction

Day 3 and doing well with induction (i think). Feeling fine except my eyes feel very fuzzy today anyone else had that? Otherwise no headaches. I had heaps when I gave up diet coke two months ago so maybe my body is happy to give me a break while i come off sugar. I ordered the new Atkins book today, has anyone else read it. I had a look at the website and it looks like this one is a little more focused on protein and a little less on fat and a bit watch the calories? Will be good to read anyway.

hey bexsi....it gets easier...I think the variety of what you eat is important...otherwise you get bored...there are heaps of great recipes around in this forum...
      You don't need eyes to see you need vision... Maxy Jazz....Faithless

[Blocked Image: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/kg/130.3/75/107/.png] 155kilos 7/2009...I started this time 19/9/2010

The post was edited 1 time, last by deenalicious ().

Thanks everyone. Day 7 today. I weighed this morning and have lost 3.3 so was nice to see to know im eating about right. I didnt have to much variety this week just wanted to keep first week simple. I have a menu plan for next week with little more variety but not changing to much just a few knew things. Im starting to get my head around it and feeling more confident. Ive had something different each day. One day fuzzy eyes, one day a crampy tummy another day light headed, but they all clear and once i get the twitchy legs sorted I hope ill be feeling better than ever. My sweet cravings seem a lot lot better. I want them when i see them at shops but not craving and when i do i have a liitle something thats mainly fat. Im going to leave it a bit until I add in anything with sweetner though im thinking to get through easter I may make a basic mini cheesecake without a bottom just cream cheese and jelly or the cheese muffins but dont want to make these things a regular thing at least until I feel safer with the sweet taste. Been researching the different books and decided ill stay with the 2002 Atkins.

2002 is a good book mind you even though I have the new one I haven't read it so can't really comment. If I remember right Darrel Lea make sugar free Easter eggs (if they don't make you too windy :o) ;)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.