Whey Less & Body Trim?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Whey Less & Body Trim?

Hi Everyone
      Just starting BodyTrim.

I have a massive tub of Whey Less powder (came free with a treadmill I bought). Is this what is described in the BT books as 'protein powder'?

If so, how do I make a BT comploant shake using Whey Less? How much milk, or do I use water etc? Any help appreciated!
    • Re: Whey Less & Body Trim?

Hey Bruno, I am not on BT but I can try to help you :)

Do you have the nutritional info per serve? I can tell you that you will have to use water and not milk.

I think the main thing is for the protein powder to be low carb and to fit the specified protein amounts outlined here in the nutshell thread: bodytrim food listing
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Ok I did a google and I am not sure as their carbohydrate counts are strange and don't seem to add up. Their ingredients look ok.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

I think and I may be wrong but a general BT rule is something like a ratio of 10g or less of carbohydrate per 100g of protein.

It might be a good idea to email the manufacturer and ask them what exactly that 35.8g of carbs consists of.

Bruno wrote:

Thanks Sherri
      I have the tub here - (all per 100grams)

Energy 363 calories
      Fat (sat) 2.5g
      Carb (total) 35.8g
      Carb (sugars) 4.1g

Is this any better? It is French Vanilla flavour. Thanks!

Hi Bruno

When buying protein powders the book states that you should look for one with carbs 5g or less per 100g. If buying protein bars carb content should be no more that 10g per 100 & protein should be 15-20g per 100 with low sugar 5gs per 100.

:)
      :)[COLOR="Plum"]THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCESS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER[/COLOR]:)

melly845 wrote:

I am on BT and going by the nutritional stats you have posted, the powder you have is unfortunately not compliant. You will need to find a powder with less than 10g of carbs per 100g. Also check to make sure that the protein is higher than 70g per 100g.

Hi Melly845

Where did you get the info protein has to be more that 70g per 100g.

I am just a bit confused as to what protein powder to buy as i was reading the book last night & it said that protein bars carbs have to be less than 10g per bar & powders carbs less than 5g per SERVE. Can you help me with this?

Regards

Suzie

That information came from BT staff.

They do make it a bit confusing with having to read the "per 100g" on protein bars and the "per serve" on protein powders. Everything used to be "per 100g" but now they have changed the protein powders to "per serve". I actually think this is because their new Boost shake doesn't meet their own requirements if you read the "per 100g" information, so they have changed it to "per serve" so their own product complies. Pretty dodgy but what can you do? And that is just my take on it, so it may not be true (although I can't see any other reason why they would change it all of a sudden).

Anyway, for protein bars, read the "per 100g" information and the amounts need to be as follows:

Protein: more than 30g
      Carbs: less than 10g
      Sugar: less than 5g

For protein powders, check that the protein is over 70g per 100g and make sure the carbs are less than 10g per 100g (or 5g per serve if you want to go that way).

Thanks Heaps Meely845

WOW they have really screwed up havnt they.

With Protein Bars do i still only have a 50g serving?

With protein powders do i just make on serve & drink it all or are there limits on the amount you can have at one time

Cheers

Suzie

It doesn't really matter what size protein bar you have, I tend to eat the Atkins Advantage ones and they are a 60g serving size, but you could go for smaller or larger ones if you like. My favourite Atkins one is the Chocolate Brownie flavour. The Atkins Day Break range are also nice, and they are smaller too if you are not feeling as hungry. The Strawberry Crisp and Cappucino Nut in that range are nice.

For protein powder at the moment I am using Aussie Bodies Low Carb which you can buy in the supermarket. I only use it for cooking though (I don't drink shakes) so I can't say if it tastes any good as a drink. Scivation Whey is supposed to be really good and taste very nice, you can get it in health food shops or online and it has next to no carbs. I'll probably get that next time, I just grabbed the Aussie Bodies the other day because I was in a pinch and needed something quickly. There's nothing wrong with the Aussie Bodies but it's probably not too cost effective ($22.95 for a small tub). When you make up a shake, just go by the directions on the pack and have a whole serve. BT recommends making your shakes with water instead of milk due to the carbs in the milk but that is the only limitation.