Custom avatars, signatures and other features

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Custom avatars, signatures and other features

Just an FYI that for all new members these features [edit]were initially disabled due to the popular abuse of them by spammers but I have now re-enabled signatures, avatars and profile pictures. [edit: please refer here: Feature Permissions for New Members]

There are some rules with signatures, signatures are enabled for motivational quotes and tickers to help motivate you in your journey and share your progress easily. They're not to be used for links to other websites.

I have also enabled signatures to be seen on larger mobile screens and tablets at members request so I ask please no long signatures which would make mobile viewing quite unpleasant.

Note: I will have to make new "how to" threads regarding signatures and avatars as how forum software has changed making the process slightly different.

How to: Insert Signatures and Tickers.

Inserting Picture into a Message or Adding Avatar

Ryan, has made new tickers to go with our new forum software, please see here: A Pinch of Health weight loss tickers!

Editing however will only unlock partially for everyone, due to reasons explained here:

Changes to editing features

Feedback is always welcome in the feedback forum :)

Cheers

Sherrie

The post was edited 4 times, last by Sherrie: Add ticker info ().

• Passwords and Private Messaging

I should probably add here, 2 more important things to know for new members.

Firstly regarding passwords, always make sure your password is secure and hard to guess to ensure your account isn't accessed by someone else. This is a problem on all forums and anything online requiring passwords as programs randomly trawl the web trying to guess peoples passwords.

Secondly is private messages, sometimes spammers like to abuse the private messaging system. I have chosen not to disable this feature for new members as sometimes people are shy and prefer to seek help via private message. Because of this, private messaging can be abused from time to time, if you ever receive a suspicious private message do not click on any links they post and report it to me straight away.
    Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
  • I thought I should add here now that signatures are viewable by people with large mobile screens and tablets please no long signatures. I'm not a fan of long signatures at the best of times because I don't like scrolling so much to get to the next reply but this will be quite unpleasant for someone on a mobile so please keep them reasonable :)

A ticker, motivation quote or link to your favourite challenge on this forum should work fine with mobile screens :)
    Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

• It seems we had a glitch with the 24 hour editing window in the new forum software which I have only just realised!

Needless to say the editing limit is now restricted to a 24 hour window again for posts on the forum rather then infinite. :)

If anyone noticed any strange old posts that look to have been edited with spam or pics that are not family friendly ifywim? please let me know!