Hello! All advice most welcome :o)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hello! All advice most welcome :o)

Hi everyone
      I'm very new to this low-carb thing...I guess you'd say i'm trying to do bodytrim (without buying it) but it's really guesswork for me at the moment.

I'm desperately trying to have a baby and know my weight is probably an issue so trying to drop it fast. I've been seeing a chinese herbalist and he had me on a water fast first, then just one small serve of greens each day and I lost 9.5kg in the last 6 weeks...but it's pretty hard going and I'd rather find something that lets me eat and lose weight too!

I started at 88kg and now i'm 78.3kg...but I'd really like to be 60-65 so that's quite a lot I need to lose still.

anyhoo...i'm just trying to work out the basic rules of what i can/can't eat on this low carby thing...and what i'm supposed to do when i get the sweet cravings (other than ignore them)...so all suggestions welcome :o)
    • Re: Hello! All advice most welcome :o)

Welcome Missie :)

So glad that you're not fasting any more, I know that you're really eager to lose weight so that you can conceive, but remember slow and steady wins the race :)

Have you been checked for PCOS? low carb alone could be all you need to conceive but of course the higher your weight, the higher the risk of complications so a good idea to lose a bit more but not knowing anything about you, your weight doesn't seem too bad.

Good luck :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

LC_Dave wrote:

Since, the reason we get fat is carbohydrates, and not calories, I don't recommend bodytrim.

I recommend something like the atkins diet.

Also check out Gary Taubes book.
      amazon.com/Why-We-Get-Fat-About/dp/0307272702

I don't really understand this statement??

I do agree that carbs are the issue when it comes to weight problems but seriously, if you ate proteins/fats to abandon you WOULD gain weight, there is not a question of doubt in my mind. This statement speculates that you could eat anything you like all day long and as long as it isn't a carb, you will lose weight? Sorry but I have to do both, count carbs and calories :(

Hi

I started by reading Dr Atkins book which gave me the background information on low carbing and how the body works with carbs. You could probably get a copy from your local library.

I have been following this way of life for around 12 weeks and have lost 9kg, and it is so simple once you know what you can and cant eat.

Good luck whichever way you decide to go!

Tash

Hi Missy

I too had to lose weight to have a baby - I lost 12kg doing Body Trim, and presto, fell pregnant very quickly (after having tried for 6 years!). I've now had 2 kids (my youngest is 3) and the weight has crept back on.

I'd love to lose about 20kgs, but probably 15kgs is more reasonable. How much are you hoping to lose doing Body Trim?

This time around, I'm doing more of an Atkins thing - sticking to low carb foods and eating 3 or 4 times a day (trying to snack 6 times a day is too much for me). I've only been doing it for a week and already my food cravings have almost disappeared and I'm feeling less sluggish and bloated. I'm lost a couple of kilos too!

Anyway, I'd love to hear how you're going and offer some advice (if I have any) on Body Trim. I'm sure you'll do great, and I can certainly understand how you feel about the baby thing! I know losing weight was the number one thing that helped me, so you have to keep motivated. It's too important not too. However, starving yourself will only deprive your body of important nutrients and fats that you need in order to sustain a pregnancy.

Cheers and good luck!
      Annie