Worried about overdoing it

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Worried about overdoing it

Hey everyone. This is my first week on body trim and I have my free day coming up :) I'm sure most of you know on a free day you can have whatever you want for two meals. I'm having a bit of a problem figuring out the portion of these free meals though. For example, on the body trim disc, Geoff demonstrates the free day by ordering a meat pie, which is smaller in comparison to a pizza for example. (Which is what I'd want to eat). Are there portions I should be sticking to for these meals?
    • Re: Worried about overdoing it

locaxox wrote:

Hey everyone. This is my first week on body trim and I have my free day coming up :) I'm sure most of you know on a free day you can have whatever you want for two meals. I'm having a bit of a problem figuring out the portion of these free meals though. For example, on the body trim disc, Geoff demonstrates the free day by ordering a meat pie, which is smaller in comparison to a pizza for example. (Which is what I'd want to eat). Are there portions I should be sticking to for these meals?

I have been on BT since March 2011 & am yet to watch the DVD's lol. However at the start i would eat whatever i wanted no matter how big or small & as i would pre BT. I don't think there is portion size guidelines.
      Just treat it as a free day without going overboard & remember it is for only 2 meals not ALL DAY. When i have a free day & have pizza i usually still have 3-4 pieces of pizza & 2 pieces garlic bread & glass of coke however thats for dinner & for lunch would have been only a ham tomato cheese toasted sandwich. I tend to try & have a half good lunch & blow out with dinner.

If you have got your body burning fat you will only retain the water from the carbs & this should pass within 2-3 days after this you should be back to pre free day weight. Another tip i have learnt on here is that to get rid of the glycogen stored try doing weights as it uses the glycogen quicker.

Hope that helps.
      :)[COLOR="Plum"]THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCESS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER[/COLOR]:)

Suzie wrote:

I have been on BT since March 2011 & am yet to watch the DVD's lol. However at the start i would eat whatever i wanted no matter how big or small & as i would pre BT. I don't think there is portion size guidelines.
      Just treat it as a free day without going overboard & remember it is for only 2 meals not ALL DAY. When i have a free day & have pizza i usually still have 3-4 pieces of pizza & 2 pieces garlic bread & glass of coke however thats for dinner & for lunch would have been only a ham tomato cheese toasted sandwich. I tend to try & have a half good lunch & blow out with dinner.

If you have got your body burning fat you will only retain the water from the carbs & this should pass within 2-3 days after this you should be back to pre free day weight. Another tip i have learnt on here is that to get rid of the glycogen stored try doing weights as it uses the glycogen quicker.

Hope that helps.

Thank you :) That's helped heaps. I definitely wasn't planning to eat badly for the whole day. Do you think it would be terrible though if I had 4 slices of pizza at lunch and a bowl of nachos at dinner? I guess I just want a second opinion

locaxox wrote:

Thank you :) That's helped heaps. I definitely wasn't planning to eat badly for the whole day. Do you think it would be terrible though if I had 4 slices of pizza at lunch and a bowl of nachos at dinner? I guess I just want a second opinion

I would have it if thats what you want. When i first started i would eat whateva i wanted at lunch & dinner however now as i only have a few kgs to go & they are the hardest to shift i tend to watch what i eat now. The best way to really tell is to do it & see how you go in the following week before your next free day, see how long it takes to get back to your pre free day weight. If it does to much damage you'll know that next free day you mite not go so overboard. One thing i always forget to do is to still eat my snacks on free days, this is very important. The main thing is that you only have free lunch & dinner & don't graze all day on bad food & you'll be fine :) Hope this gives you some insight!
      :)[COLOR="Plum"]THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCESS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER[/COLOR]:)

I eat whatever I want on free day, as much as I want and I do it all day long (obviously not recommended but it works for me). If you are sticking to the two free meals, seriously have whatever you want for those two meals (so yes a pizza for lunch and nachos for dinner would be fine). Enjoy it! :)