Questions about Bodytrim

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Questions about Bodytrim

If you are already a regular exerciser, you don't have to stop just because you're on BT. The recommendation of "no strenuous exercise in the first 4 weeks" is only for people who are currently sedentary. So you could continue going to the gym, and yes you can have sugar free gum while on detox.

Hi I just started body trim that i got from a friend to lose those last 5stubborn kilos and was wondering:

I do go to the gym at least 5 days a week also do i have to make sure i do 10,000 steps also as i am finding my current exercise enough?? (I exercise at least 1 hour every day doing a veriety of things like aqua aerobics, pilates and body pump)

I found the protein only days quite easy and feel less bloated already.

Any tips for this program would be good. This forum is fantastic by the way altough a little hard to find the info i was looking for hence the post. Thanks for any input in advance.

Calling all low carb guru's

I know that some of you read this site and i have a couple of questions i would appreciate any thoughts on.

I have ( through a nasty learning curve) determined that perhaps BT is not the best for me as my free day led to some nasty side effects.. I think i am better to have less cheats and perhaps a couple of small cheats spread out over a week rather than all at once.

If i am considering moving from BT to another method of low carb... I would ideally eat focusing on lean meats/fish/eggs and veggies ( as this makes me feel best) with a few other things, nuts and poss some fruit if i need is there a program which i would be better suited to?

I understand that atkins may be suitable but that it has a much longer induction period.. could you please tell me how long it is and give me an idea of some of the rules... so i can incorporate it into my world and customise my diet with some guidance???

Thanks so much in advance

Hayley

Atkins induction is a minimum of two weeks but may be extended if needed. The best thing to do is pick up a copy of Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution (DANDR), the 2002 edition is best. You really should read the book and gain a full understanding of why and how it works before you start. There is also a fair bit of information about Atkins on this site, check out the Beginners section as I think the basic info is in there somewhere.

You can do it without the book very easily as all the information you need is available online, I did this, I probably bought his book a couple of years after I had lost my weight just to use as a reference incase anyone here needed help with something specific to the book. To buy the 2002 edition now you have to buy it second hand, try Ebay and second hand shops.

You don't need to do induction longer then 2 weeks but when you start experimenting after that, I suggest doing it one at a time so you can spot any troubles straight away. This is what Induction looks like: Atkins induction

Some people on US sites, can get real hung up and anal on the rules when it comes to going up the rungs etc but imo if you want to make something a lifestyle then don't be anal about it, ultimately you don't want to feel like you're on a diet all the time!
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Hi H,
      Have you considered Body Sculpt. Its similar to Body trim without free days. From what I understand you incorporate foods such as avocado & nuts on some days to have the zig zag effect. There is a thread on this site. I thought Atkins didn't focus on lean protein, dairy etc? However I am no expert on Atkins.

Good Morning H.
      You purchase the kit from the Body trime web site just like body trim it comes with some exercise equipment. (I think it is expensive)
      The thread on here is called "Bodysculpt" It under the "Low carb diet compared to Other Diets" I am sure there is a way to share the link but I dont know how to do that. Maybe you could ask the question on there instead of purchasing the kit.
      My weight loss as stalled now for a few weeks and I was thinking of giving it a go to lose those last kgs.

Thanks Bec

I will go and have a look now. I definitely need something as I have some extra digestive problems to most... the straight low carb works fantastically as long as I avoid most dairy this may offer some control and keep the zig zag effect.. I did a little research last night sounds good. I will have a look.

Let me know how you go. I would prefer to have a go first and buy the diet when i know if it suits. I have wasted a lot of money in the past on diet books, so want to only get what is right for me.

H