Just Joined - Can't wait to meet everyone!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Just Joined - Can't wait to meet everyone!

Hi Everyone,
      I came across this site a few days ago when searching for info on BT. I found the info invaluable and very encouraging so have just signed up - about 5 minutes ago in fact!

I have not purchased the BT program as used The X Factor diet several years ago with great success. Having read all of your hints and tips I feel I can manage to get started loosely with just this site. Perhaps I am wrong?

My body hates wheat but unfortunately I love it! If I could live on champagne, bread, cheese and chocolate I would be in foodie heaven! I do not like preparing food and am quite lazy often finding it easier to drink 14 cups a tea a day and not eating until 4pmish. Naughty I know! With my food intolerances to wheat and a lot of processed food I find food choices hard. I love Vegemite toast but suffer for it.

So to prepare for my new change and approach to food I have done the following. I thought it important to feel as positive about myself from the beginning as I could. Therefore Wednesday night I got my hair trimmed and coloured and my eyebrows waxed and tinted too. I polished my shoes and boots, got out my favourite jewellery and clothes and immediately felt lifted.

I chose to start the PO on Friday as I was distracted by work but still had time to get organised and shop for the protein on Thursday night. I bought a selection of sliced turkey, tins of tuna, sausages, steak, salmon and bottles of mineral water too. I also found a pedometer for walkies!

I am nearly at the end of day 2 of PO and have found it so easy. I have walked both days and am so full of energy and happy too.

My personal stats which I am hoping to change (except for the age) are as follows:
      Age 47
      Height 170cm
      Measurement - B111cm, W100cm, H112cm.
      Weight 84.3kg.

I have been reading the breakfast tips that some of you have kindly written up and already have made a shopping list for Sunday so I am organised for the working week. OMG - I cannot believe how organised I am. I hope I can keep it up!

Looking forward to meeting you all.
    • Re: Just Joined - Can't wait to meet everyone!

Wicked1 wrote:

So to prepare for my new change and approach to food I have done the following. I thought it important to feel as positive about myself from the beginning as I could. Therefore Wednesday night I got my hair trimmed and coloured and my eyebrows waxed and tinted too. I polished my shoes and boots, got out my favourite jewellery and clothes and immediately felt lifted.

loving your approach :)

hello, welcome and good luck, wicked!

cheers,
      lea
      - Thought creates reality and then says I didn't do it! -

Hi Lea, Minny and Calli,
      Nice to meet you and thanks for the welcome.
      I am nearly at the end of day 4 and so far so great.
      I can see the key for me will be to stay organised with lots of forward thinking about meals due to my busy workload. ATM I am cooking a piece of chicken to have with my lunch at work tomorrow - unheard of - LOL!
      I hope you are all doing well too.

Welcome Wicked

Good luck with it from another tea addict. I still drink 10 cups of tea but I changed to black tea and make it with 2/3rds hit water topped up with brewed tea. This allowed me to cut the caffine down without missing the hot cup of comforting tea. It didn't take long to get used to and mean't I didn't have to stop or change the ritual or habit of drinking tea.

Hi Krisma,
      OMG - not the tea!!!
      I am in the process of cutting down but could never drink it black. I will try and have at least 4 cups of hot water with lemon a day as a substitute. I quite like drinking hot water as well as lots of room temp water too. At the end of day 5 today. I have had a dull headache all day so hoping it has disappeared when I wake tomorrow. Feeling like I have lost a little of my vibrance and stamina today too. Having an argumentative teenager in the house when I get home from work doesn't help either I guess. Onwards and upwards for tomorrow.
      Talk soon.
      W.

Remember to breath deeply.

Can you shut yourself away for a pamper session. A nice soak in your favorite bubble bath. (a cup of tea) and a good book or fav maggo. The headaches do go away it just your body telling pointing out withdrawal of it's fav chemical.

Eye on the prize. A new happy emotionally stable and energetic you.

Hi Wicked

If you keep up being this organised, you won't fail! I'm like you and am pretty lazy with food, and if I don't have something immediately to hand, I'll end up being naughty. I've found that I have to take the time (1 day a week) to shop and prepare a whole bunch of stuff and freeze it, so that the rest of the week I can be lazy and still stick to the plan. It's working for me!

Good luck :)
      Annie
      SW: 75kg
      CW: 66.1
      GW: 55kg

Lost so far: 8.9kg
      Still to lose: 10.1kg