DAY 13 and my scales broke!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• DAY 13 and my scales broke!!

OMG - I can't believe my scales have broken on Day 13 of this new regimen of mine. I am so disappointed that I have only lost 1.1kg during this time that perhaps it is a good thing that I can't jump on tomorrow morning and pull another sad face!!

On the upside, however, I have lost a total of 11cm which is keeping me going.

I wish I knew why it is taking me so long to drop weight. The only thing I can think of is that I am not getting my 10,000 steps in each day. I usually only manage this 3-4 days each week whilst on other days I get to about 6,000. I work in an office - mostly 9 hour days so not a lot of opportunity to get moving and I don't feel safe walking in the dark.

Is it common to have such a small loss?

I am 170cm tall and weigh 83.2kg

Cheers
    • Re: DAY 13 and my scales broke!!

Hi 668694 and Sherrie,

I have read Why The Scales Lie at the end of my first week and was thrilled that I did so and it really made sense to me. However, when I look at the advertising and results of others I would have thought that at day 13 I would have lost more than just over a kilo. I know that the measurements are more important but still feel disappointed with the kg loss.

No Sherrie, I had my free day on day 9 and did gain but then lost it again. I must just keep my focus on the measurements I guess and now that the scales have died it looks like this is my only option for a while.

I suppose that I have just been conditioned to focus on the kilos for so many years now. I am certainly very glad I did the measurements too on day 1 otherwise I think I would have given up and drowned my sorrows in a glass or a packet of something by now.

I have made sure that I have managed by 10,000 steps over the last two days so that is one good thing.

I am a big believer in everything happening for a reason - I just have to believe that in this case too however, if you think I am doing anything wrong please tell me.

Thanks guys.

I know it can be disheartening to not lose alot, but 11cm is outstanding, so I think maybe just forget the scales. Do you feel like you've lost weight? I think that's always a pretty good indication.

Also, I think when you get a disappointing result you just have to have faith and believe in what you're doing. I keep running the words of the guy on the DVD through my head when he says, "you may not believe that food is the answer, but I'm asking you to TRUST ME". So when I start to feel those negative doubts come up I remind myself to trust the system and keep going. Even if you haven't seen the results on the scales, you've made great progress, and its only the start. As your body gets used to things I think you will see the weight drop off. I wouldn't give up yet.

I haven't done 10,000 on any day since I started, but have tried hard to remember to eat every 3 hours and have kept the diet pretty simple so far. Hang in there if you can and give it a few weeks. I think you'll be amazed what the woosh fairy can do! :D

testtest wrote:

Were you going straight from a low carb diet to BT or were you eating high carb before?

Are you female? Hopefully it's just a hormonal thing and will resolve. 11cm though is really good so don't give up. :)

Hi Testtest,

I wasn't eating low carb before but did tend to under eat. On this plan I feel that I have to constantly think about food and what I have to eat every 3 hours. I am finding it quite easy as have been planning ahead but do not get hungry. Thanks for the encouragement. BTW I am an inpatient female-LOL!!

Thanks VegieGirl,
      I am trying to stay strong and hang in there.
      Hopefully the next few weeks will see more of a change.
      Thanks for your encouragement and support.
      I will TRUST that things will change!
      I can see a subtle difference in my body and certainly feel so much better in myself eating this way. I feel like I am always thinking about what I have to eat next. Not because I am hungry but because I have to eat.
      I am trying to stay organised with my food so I don't skip meals.
      So far so good.
      Hope you have a good week.

testtest wrote:

Were you going straight from a low carb diet to BT or were you eating high carb before?

Are you female? Hopefully it's just a hormonal thing and will resolve. 11cm though is really good so don't give up. :)

Ooops that was me, I forgot to relog :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.