Help, confused here! Atkins bars allowed on induction?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Help, confused here! Atkins bars allowed on induction?

Hi all,
      I have been reading different posts in this forum and I'm confused!
      Are Atkins bars allowed on induction or not?
      Atkins website says yes, but some members here say 'stay away' !
      Please let me know the reasons either way, thank you!
    • Re: Help, confused here! Atkins bars allowed on induction?

I would avoid them for the first couple of weeks just so you have that baseline and then you can experiment from there.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Peki wrote:

Hi all,
      I have been reading different posts in this forum and I'm confused!
      Are Atkins bars allowed on induction or not?
      Atkins website says yes, but some members here say 'stay away' !
      Please let me know the reasons either way, thank you!

Dr Atkins said no.

Don't worry too much about what Atkins Nutritionals say.

Don't get me wrong, I like their products and their bars are about the best around. By Doctor Atkins said those things, if they are used, should be used at the later 'rungs' or stages of the diet.

One good guide is look at the ingredients of the bar. Are those things on the induction food list? If not, it should be avoided.

Hi Peki,

Probably listen to the advice of the advanced lowcarbers like Sherrie and LC_Dave.

That said, I used the Atkins bars happily during my induction phase (I used a shake for morning tea snack and a bar for afternoon tea snack) and I was able to lose weight fine. Some bars are higher in carbs than others so stick to something like the choc chip crunch one which (if memory serves) was one of the lower carb bars.

I followed the Atkins website when thinking of meals and carbs and they were suggested on there.

Following a strict Atkins Induction, again from memory, suggests no nuts so (like Sherrie and LC_Dave advised) they shouldn't be a part of your diet.

Like Sherrie suggests, perhaps give yourself the 2 weeks strict Induction and then allow yourself a little more leeway.

My two cents.