Quick question about low carb

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Quick question about low carb

Hi all,

I have just started BT for the third time and I'm going well. I'm on the 2nd week on my Protein Day after having some carbs yesterday.

I was hoping someone with more experience would let me know if I have to h do the zig zag bit, or can I just stick to low carb days? Will I still loose weight with low carb days or does the zig zag really help with weight loss?

Thanks for your help!

Karen :)
    • Re: Quick question about low carb

Hello Karen

Are you having problems tolerating the free days? If you are, probably best to just move over to a general low carb plan like Atkins to ensure you're getting everything you need.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

No I'm fine with the carb days. I just No. 1, don't have the desire to eat carbs as I have no more cravings for them and No. 2, if I do have them, I'm worried that I will start craving them and will find it had to have the all day protein day the following day. I have read that it takes 3 days for the carbs to get out of your system. If that's true, then one day of only protein won't fix it.

Basically I just want to lose weight, and if I can do that on low carbs all the time then great! I just need to know that it will work this way...I'm confused! :confused:

I personally prefer the BT way not A way...but I haven't looked at Atkins for a while so maybe it's changed.

Thanks,

Karen :)

I don't follow a set plan. I found things a little shaky at first but your body gets used to it. I pretty much just go off carbs for about a month, then have a few carbs days to let loose. Then back on the wagon. Personally (but we are all different), I recommend going off carbs for at least a week at a time, and when you feel like you can go longer off the carbs go longer. I find having a couple of consecutive carb days once a month helps put my metabolism back up and I swing back into ketosis pretty quick afterwards.

That said, I've got my own low-carb diet that I do, so I don't know how helpful that is if your on another with particular rules.

Thanks for that info. I think that I'm more than likely to set my own rules up. I'll stay on the low carb and if I so happen to have more carbs on a particular day (in my mind I'm thinking only once a week if that) then I won't beat myself up over it. As long as I can get this weight off I'll be happy! :D