Am i doing this right?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Am i doing this right?

Ok so i have been doing the Atkins induction for almost 2 weeks now.
      I just want to be sure that i am doing this correctly as i havent weighed myself and am not sure if im losing or not
      Breakfast
      1 egg
      2 short cut bacon
      Lunch
      Atkins bar or
      Salad greens with chicken breast
      Dinner
      some form of meat with either an egg or salad or 2 pieces of pumpkin or a carrot
      I snack on cheese if i get hungry although lately i dont even feel hungry enough to even eat the 3 meals a day.. i force myself to eat the 3 meals but rarely snack now.
      I also walk roughly 3kms per day and do sit up and push x 100 a day
      Am i eating enough? And am i doing it correctly?
      thanks for you help in advance.. im on a mission to lose my weight and i really want to succeed! :)
    • Re: Am i doing this right?

You may not be eating enough, it depends really, are you measuring yourself?

Carrot isn't allowed during induction, however pumpkin is allowed and carrots are lower carbs then pumpkin! Carrots are only 5g per 100g and you're clearly in ketosis.

The only item a really see in your menu that isn't clean is the Atkins bar, other wise your food choices look good though may be too lean but hard to say from here!
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

woooohoooo i just measured myself and have lost 5cm of waist and hips and 4cm of my boobs!!!
      yayyyyyyyyyyyy!
      i thought carrots were allowed but now i know i wont be having them again!
      I cook in butter and i dont cut the fat of my meats. im really finding it hard to eat anymore cos my appetite has just disappeared although i dont want to go backwards so do you think i should eat more???
      Im not a vegie person so im rarely eating vegies and salad i have gone off aswell?
      Should i stop the atkins bar? I only get thru half of it cos im really not hungry and i find thats easier to eat when i am at work.
      I use the sticks and it does say i am in ketosis.. another good thing???
      Thanks so much for your reply!

Hap Hap Happy!~

No don't cut anything unless you stall though be careful not too over do the bars anyway. I wouldn't remove the carrot if it's not affecting you, you're clearly in ketosis so it's likely not a problem.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Hi Cas

Nice to see someone else doing Atkins keep posting how your going. I eat a bit more than you do but I have quite a lot to lose but it is hard if your not hungry, got to love Atkins. My day would usually be 2 eggs and cheese or mayo or 2 eggs and 2 rash bacon, lunch salad with chicken salmon or egg a snack usually cheese or salami is my weekend thing usually just 30 - 50 gm dinner I love making tacos with lettuce leaves or lamb chops with veg like to try new things but I find a cup of tea with cream is enough after that. Good luck with it all.