Ziplock Ice cream- induction friendly

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Ziplock Ice cream- induction friendly

I got this from an American Atkins forum and thought I would share here. I haven't tried this, but will this weekend.

ZIPLOCK Ice Cream -- Induction Friendly

I found somebody's suggestion on this board to use the old "ziplock" method to make Induction-Friendly ice cream and it was awesome! You can beat the ingredients first to increase volume. Turns out, whipping it first made the ice cream really light and creamy and GOOD!

In a mixing bowl:
      1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
      2 Splenda packets
      2 tsp cocoa powder
      1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Mix with hand mixer until the consistency of whipped cream. Put in a sandwich size ziplock. Then put that bag into a large gallon ziplock.Fill the larger bag half full of ice, add 6 tablespoons of rock salt, and the bag-o-ice cream. Wearing mittens, shake and roll around for 5 minutes.

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wlDZtl5/weight.png]

Mini Goals....Reward
      109..........start (24/09/11)
      99............restaurant (19/11/11)
      89............new tops
      79............body treatment
      69............??
      59............??

Carbs feed carbs; protein & fat feed the body - me -
    • Re: Ziplock Ice cream- induction friendly

Not sure what I did wrong, but I couldn't get the cream to freeze into ice cream, so I dumped it all into a bowl and stuck in the freezer. I'm going back each hour to give a whisk with a folk and so far it's going really well. Tastes really yummy :p

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wlDZtl5/weight.png]

Mini Goals....Reward
      109..........start (24/09/11)
      99............restaurant (19/11/11)
      89............new tops
      79............body treatment
      69............??
      59............??

Carbs feed carbs; protein & fat feed the body - me -