Methyl-Prednisolone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Methyl-Prednisolone

Hi Sherrie, I saw Ismail last week and he changed my meds as I was not improving - adrenal wise. My blood pressure is still low and he didn't like the look of my eyes :(

He started me on melatonin spray (as I am having trouble staying asleep - but no trouble at all falling asleep) and methyl-Prednisolone for low cortisol levels.. but again like the hysone am having trouble with this. For the past 3 days (including today) I was taking 1 x 2mg caps at b/fast except Tuesday where I took 2 cos I was going to have an early start and quite stressful day... however about an hour after taking meds, I've become extemely fatigue and all I want to do is sleep.
      I have emailed him and told him but he said the reason for fatigue was because I was low on cortisol and maybe to increase the dosage to two caps a day and if this isn't working - we should look at going back to hysone

hmm don't think so ..Told Ismail that when oh higher dose I am worse - can't concentrate nor keep eyes open.
      Today I took one caps.. and am yawning but am able to just function.

I'm still not positively sure why I need the extra cortisol as I seem to be fine without it :confused:
    • Re: Methyl-Prednisolone

Surely if the fatigue was due to low cortisol then it would improve when you took it, not get worse. It doesn't make sense to me that if that was the case that taking it would suddenly make you very tired. Surely you would be the most tired when not taking it.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Yes that was my thoughts exactly! I also thought the same but here we are, and I am feeling very dopey and drowsy and again can't wait to go home and rest. My sleeps with the melatonin spray is magic! have really dead sleep! I don't wake up etc but after taking the meds - I feel as if I havn't slept at all. Apparently being so sleep deprived for so long and then having a deep sleep with melatonin the body still wants more sleep .... according to Ismail my cortisol levels are too low and that 2mg is still not enough!:eek:

Well I got both prescrips filled at the same time. I take one puff of melatonin spray at night... 1/2 before bed and then the next morning I took 1cap of Methyl prednisolone at with breakfast. Was told to try and have breakky at 8:00am so that by 9:00am the cortisol should be in the system ready to work.
      What I was told by Ismail is the idea is to shut off adrenals completely to give it a rest and use the methyl-prednisolone to provide the body with cortisol so that I'm not relying on my adrenals for that... that's why he thinks my cortisol level is still tool low even with the 2mg - 4mg of methyl prednisolone.

The reason I ask is that if you started both at the same time then it could be either one causing the drowsiness.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.