Cheesy Zucchini Slice

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Cheesy Zucchini Slice

5 zucchini
      1 onion
      1 red capsicum
      4 rashers bacon
      1 tub cream cheese, softened
      8 eggs

Cut the rind of the bacon and process in food processor till its finely diced. Put in hot frying pan to cook. Do the same to the onion and capsicum.
      Grate the zucchini and add it to the hot frying pan, and cook till most of the liquid is gone.
      Beat the eggs till light and fluffy and add the cream cheese, and beat till well combined. It will look curdled, but it doesn’t matter, because it will melt together.
      Fold the cooked bacon and veges together and pour into a sprayed baking dish.
      Cook at 180c till firm in the middle. About 1 hour.

(I believe it took less than an hour to cook, and I think that is because I cooked off a lot of liquid before mixing it into the egg mix. I hadn't put the oven timer on, so I'm not sure how long it was in for. The cream cheese has given it stability)
      Kath

Current weight 4/17 84.9 kg
      Goal weight 65 kg

Other goals: Reversal of my diabetes
    • Re: Cheesy Zucchini Slice

That's a great idea to cook the liquid out of the zucchini first, I have made zucchini slice several times but always just squeezed out as much of the water as possible and then mixed everything together and cooked it up. It always turns out too watery for my liking that way, but I will give your way a try and hopefully it will be better. Thanks for sharing :)