Low-Carb Satay Chicken Skewers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low-Carb Satay Chicken Skewers

The satay is as follows:

2x chicken breast cut into even sized bits
      skewers (soaked in water if bamboo) my breasts made 7 skewers
      1tsp curry powder
      2tsp tumeric
      natural peanut butter
      400g coconut milk
      sweetner to taste (i used about 2 tsp)

Method:
      Mix coconut milk, curry powder tumeric and sweetner in a big bowl, add cut up chicken and marinate for 3-4 hours.

When marinated, thread chicken onto skewers (do NOT Discard marinade) , and cook on grill (or pan whatever you prefer). Meanwhile (while chicken is cooking) put the leftover marinade in a pot and cook for a few mins, until hot & add natural peanut butter to taste - NB you can use normal peanut butter, but natural does not have all the added crap & is lower in carbs - you can get it in the health foods section.

cook until sauce is heated through stirring frequently. I found with the addition of the peanut butter the sauce went REALLY thick, i just added a little bit of water until it was the right consistancy.

NOTE: The above recepie may not be BT compliant (im not sure - the fat content of the peanut butter is high) but is low-carb.

I served with cauli rice
      Kel <3