Will I see the end of water weight and bloating?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Will I see the end of water weight and bloating?

From what I've read about low fat diets, we store carbs(glycogen) in water.
      If we eliminate most carbs, then can we expect to see less water weight gain and bloating?
      Will LCHF also reduce the appearance of cellulite?
    • Re: Will I see the end of water weight and bloating?

To reduce the appearance of cellulite I recommend you get some liquid bath wash, one of those loofahs that are scrunched up knitted nylon mesh, and massage in a circular motion when having your shower or bath. Despite my being very overweight, I don't appear to have much cellulite as I do this every shower. Massage quite hard - it feels good too. I get wet, wet the loofah, turn off the shower, squirt a good amount of wash (I use Bathox milk and honey 'cos it has a nice smell) and massage away for 5-10 minutes. If the loofah gets a bit dry just wet it under the tap. Then rinse off finishing with cool to cold water. Use some body lotion after to keep your skin comfortable.
      Odille -
      following Primal Lifestyle

Low fat is so last century!
    • Re: Will I see the end of water weight and bloating?

Patty wrote:

I have heard about the shower loofah massages, but can't get my head around the 5-10 mins of massaging. That's a awful long time, but if that's what it takes, I'll do my best. Thanks so much for that Odille.

Just do it for as long as is comfortable for you. Massage is the only thing that really helps and this is the easiest way to do it. If you look at all those expensive anti-cellulite creams, they all tell you to massage the cream into the area, usually for a prolonged period.
      Odille -
      following Primal Lifestyle

Low fat is so last century!