Spectrum: Dukan Roadtest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Spectrum: Dukan Roadtest

Anyone from Sydney read the roadtest on the Dukan diet. In the article it said that Dukan is not maintainable and about 90% gain weight after a year mainly because they cant stick to the diet. It also said that the weight loss form Dukan is all muscle and water loss. Although I am not on Dukan (Im on diet based losely on bodytrim and CSRIO principles of more protein, less fat and mininal carbs during the day) I feel a little uninspired and worried I will not maintain my weight loss. I am also worried my weight loss is just muscle loss despite the fact I now have good biceps/triceps for a girl and firm abs. What can I do to feel inspired. I also find I am getting bored with eating meat and vegies and am really craving sweets. Although I find I can get back to eating well after a free day and Can fight temptation this article has made me feel it wont last. How can I beat my sweet cravings
    • Re: Spectrum: Dukan Roadtest

jess82 wrote:

Anyone from Sydney read the roadtest on the Dukan diet. In the article it said that Dukan is not maintainable and about 90% gain weight after a year mainly because they cant stick to the diet. It also said that the weight loss form Dukan is all muscle and water loss. Although I am not on Dukan (Im on diet based losely on bodytrim and CSRIO principles of more protein, less fat and mininal carbs during the day) I feel a little uninspired and worried I will not maintain my weight loss. I am also worried my weight loss is just muscle loss despite the fact I now have good biceps/triceps for a girl and firm abs. What can I do to feel inspired. I also find I am getting bored with eating meat and vegies and am really craving sweets. Although I find I can get back to eating well after a free day and Can fight temptation this article has made me feel it wont last. How can I beat my sweet cravings

I'm also in maintenance and can tell you that Dukan worked for me. I followed it for about 14 mths, but a few months back read "Sweet Poison" and started to cut out all carbs. I never realised they were so detrimental. Also, I was a 'bloater', so LCHF is now working wonders for me in that respect.
      The final stage of Dukan where you introiduce a little bread , a pasta meal once a week as well as the 'free' day are traps for a maintainer in my opinion.

I'm over sweeties and after a while you too will get used not having them. One of the best starts to the day is the new breakfast I have 5 days a week. It's amazingly yummy and satisfying. This is Diet Doktors breakfast also...

200g Greek yoghurt,
      1/3 cup mixed seeds , nuts and coconut flakes
      cream topping

By the way...have you tried sugarless lollies?

Here is the link to the article

I don't think anything rigidly structured works because we are all individuals. I just go for under 30 g carbs a day and still enjoy treats like berries and cream for desert and oven chips a couple of days a week in the colder months. And regular exercise is a big part of getting and keeping the excess weight off and staying in shape
      Odille -
      following Primal Lifestyle

Low fat is so last century!

Patty wrote:

I'm also in maintenance and can tell you that Dukan worked for me. I followed it for about 14 mths, but a few months back read "Sweet Poison" and started to cut out all carbs. I never realised they were so detrimental. Also, I was a 'bloater', so LCHF is now working wonders for me in that respect.
      The final stage of Dukan where you introiduce a little bread , a pasta meal once a week as well as the 'free' day are traps for a maintainer in my opinion.

I'm over sweeties and after a while you too will get used not having them. One of the best starts to the day is the new breakfast I have 5 days a week. It's amazingly yummy and satisfying. This is Diet Doktors breakfast also...

200g Greek yoghurt,
      1/3 cup mixed seeds , nuts and coconut flakes
      cream topping

By the way...have you tried sugarless lollies?

Never Tried sugarless lollies. I'm a cakes, biscuits and chocolate girl. Yeah I find since giving myself free days im setting myself up for failure cause once I start I cant stop. Breads and pastas were never the issue as they were banned on my diet. The allowed complex carbs were brown rice, porridge and bran only cereals all bran etc and I think this may set off the cravings as well. I think I may need to look into Atkins LCHF or paleo as the higher fat allowence lets me have good sweet alternatives. Im just a little nervous as the low fat low carb diets like bodytrim and the ones most PT's put clients on stress that while fat is good you should be weary of having too much and not eating bad fats eg creams, fat on meat etc so im scared it won't be as effective as my current diet.

I've lost more weight per week since switching away from body trim onto a lchf wol, plus have more energy. I eat steak fat first, cook everything in butter (even bacon) YUM! I cook my eggs in bacon fat and eat a couple TBS coconut oil every day, quite often don't eat lunch cause I'm not hungry....
      Kel <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Patto ().

I've found the best thing I've done is giving up grains - as they are carb heavy they do restart the leptin switch and it makes you hungry for, of course, more carbs. If you want pasta, make your favourite pasta sauce and use zucchini strips as the pasta - i do mine with the french fry slicer on my mandolin slicer but you could easily do them by hand. You get green vege benefits and no grains and they are really nice. I make lasagne with zucchini slices instead of pasta! (I do try to buy big zucchis for that.)

And I love my 70 & 85% dark choc, but as you say, 2 squares is plenty, I often only have 1.
      Odille -
      following Primal Lifestyle

Low fat is so last century!