Dont know why no loss

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Dont know why no loss

I am needing some help and LOTS of encouragement as I have been on Atkins/lowcarb for more than a week and have no change. No ketosis reading, no loss. I have beem very strict with what I eat and I am worried that all the fat in the program is not helping me either. :mad:I have cut down to one coke zero and one coffee(black) and I feel really done in. Please help

Daily eating as follows
      breakfast- omelette with grated cheese and chives. 1 black coffee
      mid morning. small cann of tuna, no flavour
      lunch - some sort of salad with a protein and mayo or dressing (low carb)
      snack- some avo or piece of meat or asparagus wrapped in ham with cream cheese or other suitable snack
      dinner salad or veg with a protein (steak, mince balls, chops, roast, chicken etc)
      mid evening - a piece of brie or something cheese or a atkins bar suited for all phases.
      I drink LOTS of water all the time.
      Do periods affect ketosis?
      cant think of any other reason?
    • Re: Dont know why no loss

Hey Nessie yes TOM effects ketosis, It can very well knock you out!!!

Your food is really good, the only possible issue is if you're sensitive to caffeine as for a few it can effect ketosis also.

Hopefully it is just TOM!!!

How is your appetite and cravings? if they are gone you could still be in ketosis! fat won't effect ketosis but rather will help it.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • Re: Dont know why no loss

I sometimes dont feel like anything. Not even craving the reds that I love/d so much Cant think that I even feel like anything to eat. Just eat because I have to really and because I enjoy the "ritual" of food and family eating together.

How would you be "sensitive" to cafeine. How would you know?

Thanks for reply.

Sherrie wrote:

Hey Nessie yes TOM effects ketosis, It can very well knock you out!!!

Your food is really good, the only possible issue is if you're sensitive to caffeine as for a few it can effect ketosis also.

Hopefully it is just TOM!!!

How is your appetite and cravings? if they are gone you could still be in ketosis! fat won't effect ketosis but rather will help it.