Experimental Pizza Base

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Experimental Pizza Base

I am substituting from a recipe I found that used flour and milk. Below is what I used in the first batch I tried. It tasted good but I think the carb count is high (mainly because of the gluten flour) and I am trying to bring it down (don’t want to use soy flour though – because it tastes disgusting!).

Experimental Pizza Base 1

100g pkt Almond Meal
      1/2 cup Gluten Flour
      1 teaspoon baking powder
      1 teaspoon salt (I use low sodium)
      1/4 teaspoon pepper
      1 teaspoon dried oregano
      2 eggs (lightly beaten)
      3/4 cup water

Method:
      1. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
      2. Pour in 2 lightly beaten eggs and the water. Stir until all ingredient are combined well. (Note the mix won’t turn into a dough)
      3. Pour mix onto a WELL (can’t emphasise this enough ;) ) greased pizza tray, and spread out evenly over tray.
      4. Put in preheated oven at 160C for 10-15 mins or when the mix is firm to the touch.
      5. Take out and put all those yummy toppings on it (low carb of course :rolleyes: ).
      6. Then put it under the grill until the cheese melts.
      7. Enjoy :D

For the base PFC = 71.5, 69.2, 18.2

I did experiment with this again last night, only putting in 1/4 cup of Gluten Flour, a little less water and 1/2 teaspoon of oregano, but it didn’t taste the same, not sure if it was because I didn’t cook it long enough or I added too much water. For this base PFC = 53.8, 69.4, 11

If anyone else out there wants to experiment with it as well GO FOR IT, and if you knuckle it down, or have your own recipe please let us know :).

RBB :D