Pizza

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• There's no denying that wheat has a few awesome properties that I now and then miss while baking. This is especially true when making pizza. I've tried various recipes for pizza crusts, and either they end up like a big sponge or like an omelette on steroids. That was untill I found this recipe that gives quite a decent pizza crust (still not like a proper wheat-crust, but good enough for putting on all the yummy pizza fillings). My partner, who isn't much of a low-carb fan, actually approves of this pizza.

Here's the recipe for the pizza base:

4 eggs
      4 dessert spoons of cream
      2 dessert spoons of oil
      1 teaspoon baking powder
      2 dessert spoons psyllium husk fibre
      200 ml grated cheese
      2-3 dessert spoons ground sesame seeds
      salt
      oregano

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celcius.
      Mix all ingredients in a bowl and let the mixture swell for approximately 15 minutes. Spread mixture out on a baking tray covered with baking paper, using a spatula. Cook until golden. Cooking time will vary depending on how thin / thick you have applied the dough on the baking tray.

Then, remove from oven and add whatever pizza toppings you feel like!
      I like to spread pesto across the base, then add some pepperoni, bacon, onion and paprika, and LOTS of cheese. Did I mention lots of cheese?

Put the pizza back into oven and continue to cook until the cheese on top is melted.

There are some photos on my blog :)