Hi guys some help, may be a bit tmi

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hi guys some help, may be a bit tmi

Hey all,
      so this is my 7th day on Bt, today I've had lots of water, lots of veggies and sticking to my diet. But today I am constipated.. however within the last week, I've been needing to like 2x a day doing eh you know what.. heh. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to relieve this or if this is just a side effect of LC-ing :) Thank you!
    • Re: Hi guys some help, may be a bit tmi

Fibre :)

Something like psyllium husks in a glass of water with breakfast, or oatbran mixed into your protein pancake batter, or even Metamucil once a day.

Unless you eat a LOT of high fibre veggies, a low carb diet is really missing out on fibre, so you need to supplement.

I like a tablespoon of oatbran mixed with 1 egg and a good spoonful of ricotta, flavoured with a little sugar substitute and about 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and mixed into a batter, cooked as pancakes. Good protein, good fibre, tasty :)

When I don't have those, I have a glass of Metamucil. Fortunately it's artificially sweetened and doesn't have sugar, so is low carb, but if you're off the artificial sweeteners, just a spoonful of psyllium husks in water, or over cereal, or whatnot.

Yeah, fibre :)

Don't worry, you're not the only one.
    • Re: Hi guys some help, may be a bit tmi

Hi,
      I like chia seeds for keeping things moving...
      I just sprinkle a tablespoon over veggies or salads ( like the texture), but others take with water. (Don't attempt to chew a whole tablespoon as you'll just end up with a mouth full of paste - take it from one who learnt the hard way!) :)
      In macro section at woolworths.
      Caz