mini philly frittatas- so good!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• mini philly frittatas- so good!

if you love savoury things you will lovvvve these! I'll jsut copy the recipe straight from the recipe card. it uses 2 tbspns of flour, i don't have a flour alternative here, so i used plain flour, but i'm guessingwith the substitues you guys use it would be fine too! i think that even with no flour it would okay.. ill stop rabbiting on now and get on with it!

MAKES 24 (small)

250g philadelphia cream cheese
      1 small red onion
      80g baby spinach leaves
      60g hot salami finely chopped
      2 tbspns plain flour
      salt and pepper
      2 eggs lightly beaten

the recipe says 100g semi dried tomatoes to place on top and parmesan cheese but i guess thats optional.. i jsut used a little cheddar and mine were good..with the tomatoes i halved the recipe so it should have made 12, then made double servings so it made 6, and i only used 20g of tomatoes which was like 1.7g carbs...

METHOD:
      1. Grease pans, heat oven to 180c
      2. Combine softened philly, onion, spinach, flour and salt and pepper. Mix well. Stir in beaten egg and spoon into pans
      3. Top muffin with tomato and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 180 for 15min or until set and golden. good hot and cold.

i worked it out so each muffin is less than 2g if u make 24, but as i said i doubled the mixture so it came in at about 3.5.. nice for on the run breakfast or lunch with salad

so good! a must try!
    • oh and that carb count for mine was using plain white flour! so i am guessing you smart ones out there could get them much lower! as the flour was the majority of the count!

even my sister who turns her nose up at everything (especially my low carb food) loved them and took some to work for lunch! ill convert her yet!

happy cooking
    • Yes, thank you Rebecca.

I made these last night except instead of onion, spinach and salami I used bacon pieces, mozarella cheese and mushrooms. I had two for breakfast this morning, they are sooo yum!

Can't wait to try some other variations, as well as the original recipie when I get the ingredients.
    • Re: mini philly frittatas- so good!

oh my goodness these are declicious.

i made them with bacon, mushrooms and tomato and they were soooo yummy.

my boyfriend was a chef for 7 years so it takes a lot to impress him and after living together for 3 years he said tonight that these were one of the nicest things i've made.

low carbing is so much more fun when you try recipes and get rid of your fear of the kitchen! jen
      x
    • Re: mini philly frittatas- so good!

Rebecca wrote:

if you love savoury things you will lovvvve these! I'll jsut copy the recipe straight from the recipe card. it uses 2 tbspns of flour, i don't have a flour alternative here, so i used plain flour, but i'm guessingwith the substitues you guys use it would be fine too! i think that even with no flour it would okay.. ill stop rabbiting on now and get on with it!

MAKES 24 (small)

250g philadelphia cream cheese
      1 small red onion
      80g baby spinach leaves
      60g hot salami finely chopped
      2 tbspns plain flour
      salt and pepper
      2 eggs lightly beaten

the recipe says 100g semi dried tomatoes to place on top and parmesan cheese but i guess thats optional.. i jsut used a little cheddar and mine were good..with the tomatoes i halved the recipe so it should have made 12, then made double servings so it made 6, and i only used 20g of tomatoes which was like 1.7g carbs...

METHOD:
      1. Grease pans, heat oven to 180c
      2. Combine softened philly, onion, spinach, flour and salt and pepper. Mix well. Stir in beaten egg and spoon into pans
      3. Top muffin with tomato and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 180 for 15min or until set and golden. good hot and cold.

i worked it out so each muffin is less than 2g if u make 24, but as i said i doubled the mixture so it came in at about 3.5.. nice for on the run breakfast or lunch with salad

so good! a must try!

OMG! I lived on these things for years:D yummmm