What the *bleep* am I doing wrong!?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• What the *bleep* am I doing wrong!?

Hi all

I have been LC'ing for about a 2.5 weeks now, and my weight loss has stalled already!

I haven't cheated at all - there were a couple of days where I wasn't exactly strict with portion sizes, but it was all veggies and protein, and some fetta cheese! :confused:

These are the things I had that MAY be contributing to the stall:

1. Amount of fetta cheese
      2. Had a home made coffee with the smallest amount of milk last Sunday with NO sugar
      3. Used gravy on my vegetables twice, once on Sunday and once on Monday
      4. Snacked on almonds during the day, did not limit to only in between meals
      5. Had an extra home made burger patty for dinner last night? But it's protein only!

Considering the stuff I was eating prior to starting LC, I'm surprised that any of the above might have an effect.

I'm slowly getting more frustrated and angry with my body - sometimes I wish I could grab a knife and just hack away at the fat, it's so infuriating!

I'm motivated, I'm trying my best, I have not cheated - why is it not cooperating with me??? :mad:
      Starting over!

Using mini goals:

1st Goal: 140.0 kg

[Blocked Image: http://swlf.lilyslim.com/N9CDp11.png]

"A diet is the penalty we pay for exceeding the feed limit".

"If hunger is not the problem, then eating is NOT the solution".

The post was edited 1 time, last by MelbGirl08: Typo ().

• Re: What the *bleep* am I doing wrong!?

It could be that your body is taking time to get used to the new diet?

Are you drinking enough water? 2-3 litres a day is ideal.

Are you taking any supplements to help your body adjust? A multi-vitamin, and an omega-3 would be recommended.

Feta cheese, if you're eating a lot, could be contributing to weight gain. It's VERY salty, compared to (say) ricotta cheese, or cream cheese.

Are you sticking to low carb veggies? Or just eating any vegetables?

Lastly ... have you been taking measurements? Chest/waist/hips/etc? You could be losing size, as your body adjusts, even if you're not losing weight.

So, don't despair. You've a lot to lose, and slowly is the best way :) Stick with it, and change will happen!

It could just be your body adjusting, lots of things change, electrolytes, hormones etc. A dash of milk in a coffee on Sunday will not be stalling you today! I would avoid gravy for now as that is a flour based sauce and not something you should be experimenting with right now.

Almonds, some people do tend to over eat them which is why they are not allowed in induction. Perhaps portion them in little bags, set yourself an allowance for the day put that weight in the bag and that's it.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Thanks guys

Water intake is anywhere between 2-3 litres a day - the only drinks I have is green tea, maybe lemon and ginger tea but no coffee or soft drinks.

Taking Resist X, Vitamin D and Meta Oil (which is like a combination of fish oil/flaxeed oil and something else) twice daily.

And I have been craving salty foods so I went ape over fetta cheese! LOL

My naturopath took measurements when I went to see her last, so next week when I go in, I'll be interested to see the difference altough my pants a looser.

Could be my body going through rehab or something, I know that I'm a bit older now and the metabolism is slow, but it doesn't stop me from getting fed up with it all.
      Starting over!

Using mini goals:

My totally uneducated guess is that you could be retaining fluid from the salty cheese, also I think years ago I read green tea might be a nono?? something to do with caffeine in it.

Pants being loose is a great motivator though!
      My Blog
      First Mini Goal of 1.6 achieved - 30-7-2013

MINI GOAL

BIGGER GOAL

BIGGEST GOAL TO COME

Just be patient, and I know it is hard. It took me 35 years ti get this fat LOL!, so in that context 2 or 3 to lose it is not so long really.

Are you doing Atkins? If so, eat off the induction list for a month or so, use measurements not scales. I am weighing as little as possible - ideally once a month although as I get to the end of the month I find I peek a bit :D - and measuring then too.

Use one of the online nutrient measuring sites, I like Cron O meter (it lets you set your own proportions of fat/carbs/protein or choose a diet plan form a choice of 6 or so, and lets you set calories for 1 or 2 lb loss per week, plus add in and chart exercise, biometric data - weight, BP etc) but there are quite a few of them, find one which suits you.

I find it incredibly useful for keeping track through the day of the % nutrient values values of my food.
      Odille -
      following Primal Lifestyle

Low fat is so last century!

Thank you everyone.

I'm giving scales a break for a bit as suggested. My pants feel looser, so that is an indication to me that something IS happening.

I'm seeing my naturopath again tomorrow and she may recommend a mild diuretic just to help the kidneys get rid of the excess water that I'm carrying at the moment which is a massive 26kg!
      Starting over!

Using mini goals: