First 'free' day

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• First 'free' day

Well, today is our first 'free' day since embarking on the low carb lifestyle. My family have all gone bush for a mountain bike clinic so it's just me all on my lonesome and so I decided to buck the trend and have cereal for breakfast (as we've had high protein cooked breakfasts all week)... Not just cereal but toasted muesli. So, I pour some muesli, add a spoon of natural yoghurt and milk... Yum.

Then I make my morning coffee and can't decide if I should go soy milk (which I've been using all week for the protein value) or real cow's milk. I opt for cow's milk because I've had soy all week and it is 'treat' day... Also, we have a major oversupply of milk at the moment now hubby and I aren't drinking it.

So I make my coffee and add some choc powder and a half a teaspoon of sugar... Take one sip and nearly throw up! I actually can't drink it! My poor tummy is so confused right now :-/ So it looks like I'm done with breakfast!! I have a feeling today is going to be harder than all 8 days that preceded it!! Who'd have thunk??
    • Re: First 'free' day

To be honest it's been rough! I've lacked energy and my systems been pretty sluggish but I haven't craved for anything and I certainly haven't been hungry.

Neither of us lost nearly the weight we expected to. We had big losses in the first few days but then went backwards and have only taken off a few hundred grams since then. My total weight loss for the week was only 2.5kgs after the plateaus and yo yo-ing that's been happening for the past few days, far short of the 5kg guarantee they talk about in the ads! Doesn't really matter though, slow and steady wins the race :)

5kg is a silly number in the first place, not everyone can achieve that! and the worst thing is even when people do they expect to repeat it every week and it just does not happen!
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

No, I wouldn't go 3 days of just protein just for the sake of losing a bit more weight. I want it to come off and stay off permanently so if it means going a bit slower, that's ok. I'm just impatient! ha ha ha

Besides, I think any type of conditions which in some way, shape or form replicate a famine are bound to fail. There's just too much temptation to make it realistic and you end up binging and blowing everything way off the scales!

hey ange did u switch up 2 of your meals on ur free day?

i just had mine yesterday.. although my weekend was really not that healthy overall.. but i got wok in a box and couldnt even eat it all ! lol funnily enough i didnt run out and buy a block of chocolate first thing in the morning hahaha

i to am losing a few grams a day but at the end of the week it all adds up right :)
      [Blocked Image: http://swlf.lilyslim.com/6BFTp8.png]

[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="1"]Goal 01: 75Kg .......................... accomplished!
      Goal 02: 70kg .......................... accomplished!
      Goal 03: 65kg
      Goal 04: 59kg[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I had a couple of croissants for breakfast, a BT omelette for lunch and a roast for dinner with a bit of potato and cheese sauce. I also had a fun size cherry ripe and some apple/berry crumble with a spoon full of icecream for dessert and I didn't do my 30 on the treadmill :o ('m such a rebel!!) ha ha ha Our portion sizes were also tiny in comparison to what we would have had a fortnight ago. In fact, I blame our crockery for half of our over eating. We have gigantic oversized, square plates... Hence the trip to Ikea today to get a new set of crockery with smaller plates!!

Back on the wagon today with an all protein day. I was SO good, I went to Ikea with the kids and in the face of meatballs I chose some marinated, smoked salmon and drank water.

its funny that you mention portion sizes.. just last night i walked in to my parents place downstairs and mum was dishing up the left overs from their dinner into chinese containers..it was chicken stirfry with rice .. and i said to her "would you eat one of them containers as a serving?" and she said probably.. and i told her its funny coz looking at it like that it looks like soooo much food now.. and i said if i had that now id probably only eat about 1/4 of the container and id be full.. :/ ive got to say the one with BT has done is made me realise i dont need HUGE portions to make me feel full.. i just eat more often and have the same results and never feel bloated after a meal either! :)
      [Blocked Image: http://swlf.lilyslim.com/6BFTp8.png]

[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="1"]Goal 01: 75Kg .......................... accomplished!
      Goal 02: 70kg .......................... accomplished!
      Goal 03: 65kg
      Goal 04: 59kg[/SIZE][/COLOR]