BT no working? Back to Atkins? Thoughts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• BT no working? Back to Atkins? Thoughts

Hi everyone, I'm new here and have been floating around the past 4 weeks. What a great forum, especially for Aussies.

I started out doing 2 wees of Atkins Induction and lost a tad under 3kg. During that time I had also ordered the Bodytrim system. Beleiving that the more restricted (in my opinion) Bodytrim would give me even better results, I swapped from Atkins to BT almost 2 weeks ago. In that time I admit that I've found it a quite a lot more difficult to stick to although stick to it I have. I'm disheartened to see that I have only 100g in almost 2 weeks of BT.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and decided that Atkins is the better way for them.

I guess I'm wondering (out loud) if I should give BT a more time or just go back to Atkins. I have found Atkins a lot easier to do and moving forward, I feel that Atkins will be a lot easier to maintain as a long term lifestyle change.

All this eating every few hours is so tricky to maintain for me.
    • Re: BT no working? Back to Atkins? Thoughts

Welcome Busyozmum! :)

Re editing, see here: Custom avatars, signatures and other features

If you find Atkins easier I would keep going with it, you could always keep BT on the back burner until you're closer to goal and need to shake things up a bit!

With your 100g loss in 2 weeks, you're not weighing straight after your free day are you? On BT you need to weigh the morning of your free day so that all those carbs don't mask your results when you weigh. If you're a slow loser you might find measuring can help on those extra slow weeks.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Sherrie wrote:

Welcome Busyozmum! :)

With your 100g loss in 2 weeks, you're not weighing straight after your free day are you? On BT you need to weigh the morning of your free day so that all those carbs don't mask your results when you weigh. If you're a slow loser you might find measuring can help on those extra slow weeks.

Thanks for the replies ladies.

I weighed myself on day 4, right after the detox phase and lost 100g. Then I weighed again on the morning of my free day and hadn't lost any more. Seemed like a lot of effort for very little reward.

Another suggestion is to list a few days worth of food in case something is wrong there. Also, some people can have troubles losing during their cycle, usually around TOM time (time of month) but some can have trouble from ovulation.

But yes if you enjoy Atkins I would keep going with it.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Thanks Sherrie.

I guess I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I thought maybe I'm just a bit odd and BT just doesn't work as well for everyone. I followed the diet to the letter. I was very careful as I'm very determined to set up a new long-term lifestyle and diet. I found eating 6x a day very challenging. Actually, there was one day that I did not get my morning snack in but I wouldn't have thought that one hiccup would make that much difference. I also found myself craving fat. Yesterday was my free day and rather than eat any extra carbs, I ate extra fat in the way of some butter to fry my eggs in, couple of teaspoons of coconut oil (I love it) and cream in my coffee.

At 49 I don't really get TOM any more. Well, it kinda comes randomly and seldom these days. I know that this has nothing to do with the lack of weight loss. I am really disheartened after all the effort I put in...... and it really was effort compared to the 2 previous weeks on Atkins.

I guess I'll just go back to Atkins and stick with that. It obviously works for me and I also find it so much easier to eat in the Atkins fashion. Also much easier to prepare meals for the whole family rather than separating and weighing all my food.

Thanks for your input. :)

I could never do BT, the thought of eating lean protein 6 times a day makes me gag!

But some people like it, do what works and feels good for you!

i have been on BT for nearly 3 weeks and have lost max 2kg. ive been being abit silly though and weighing every few days so keep seeing my weight go up & down. i have to just weigh once a week!

my mum started body trim and lost 8kg in 2 weeks!

so i guess everyone is different.

i was also taking a chinese slim tea which in the end i found was harmful as my bowel will become dependant on it (the tea is actually a laxative) beacuse it was from a health store i thought it would be fine. anyway i stopped taking the tea when i started body trim. and ive have researched on the net that people actually gain weight after stopping laxatives as they retain water. so im thinking this could have something to do with me not losing much weight. i wish i never started taking these slim teas! but i noticed i was losing weight on them. i didnt think they would be so bad for me :(

Oops! I wrote this massive reply and then realised I wasn't replying to the first message LMAO... At the end of the day you should probably do what works for you. If you were finding Atkins was working, go with it.

Hubby and I have mixed principles of multiple diets including BT, James Duigan's Clean and Lean diet and Jon Gabriel's the Gabriel method. We've lost about 18kgs between us (9kgs each) and it's taken us almost 3 months so far. Hubby is at his goal weight but I still have another 12kgs to go.
      [Blocked Image: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/slider-scale/kg/0/23/9/.png]

One day I will be too old, too sick, too tired, too broken... but today is not that day! :cool:

The post was edited 2 times, last by Houlahan ().

busyozmum wrote:

Thanks for the replies ladies.

I weighed myself on day 4, right after the detox phase and lost 100g. Then I weighed again on the morning of my free day and hadn't lost any more. Seemed like a lot of effort for very little reward.

Sorry to hear that busyozmum. I found BT excellent, particularly after the 3day detox at the start. I could see my body changing & couldn't wait to do my first weigh in. I also weighed & measured myself. I lost 3kg & cm's from thighs & waist. Couldn't believe it. After being on this regime for 14wks I've managed to lose 10kg, which was my goal. Good luck with your weight loss

Just to let you know that I had the same experience. Started on BT and couldnt handle the eating every 3 hours and the amount of protein and then found info on Atkins and have just done 2 weeks of Induction and it is working well for me, .7 kg loss each week (I am a slow loser) so I am now happily committed to making this my program. Cant believe eating full cream food and losing weight - magic!!

As has been said, whatever works for you is best.

Cheers
      Msjeeves:)